Lunch Money

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do when i get loose teller tray ones or crw- its fun cause ya not too many people know what they are and you get that blank stare

just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

jwb

Greenie
Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't do halves, but I've paid for up to $10 worth of stuff at stores in dimes or nickles :tongue3:

Usually I do self checkout if possible.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do spend them often... Yeah it is funny these teenagers have no clue what they are at all... same with ikes :P

The part I get a kick out of, is watching them figure out where to put the coins in their register!! lol

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I do spend them often... Yeah it is funny these teenagers have no clue what they are at all... same with ikes :P

The part I get a kick out of, is watching them figure out where to put the coins in their register!! lol

I'm a teen. And I know what a half is. :/

omga747

Oct 28, 2011
Southern CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I've spent thousands and thousands... I've gotten reactions everything from "I'll take all you've got!" to "Sorry I'm not taking these."

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I occasionally spend halves, but I spend Ikes all the time. Whenever I'm at a bank asking for loose halves and they say they have large dollars I buy them too. I have never found anything in the large dollars, but I keep buying them because of all the stories I see on here of people getting peace, morgans, and eagles. Since the Ikes don't fit in the coin machines, I spend them.

A couple of times I have had stores/restaurants come close to saying they won't accept the Ikes. I always find that interesting. If any of them do say no, I'll take my business elsewhere. Whenever I hit a drive through, I always pay with Ikes or halves and these cashiers give the most hilarious reactions to them.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to buy my McDonald's sweet tea with 2 crummy halves but decided not to do that cruel and unusual joke :P

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I spend about $300 a month in halves and tip whenever we eat out with Ikes and halves. I bought a $700 bike for my wife with halves and the bike shop owner waved my sales tax because he was so happy to get the halves, saved almost 70 bucks in tax. Even the self serve machine at Lowe's will take the halves.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn this is a hilarious idea. Every time I stop at a bank I'm gonna start asking for any loose big dollars just to pay people with for a reaction :D

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually people do that with mortgage payments... Im pretty sure maverick does, and ive heard others talk about it before too... Why not? Its an easy dump. Im sure they want their payment.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I made the mistake of paying with half dollars at a drive through when I was in a hurry to get back to work. The cashier was hypnotized by them, staring at the stack of clad in her hand as if I had paid her with a bit of moss and a rodent's skull. She said, "Wait" and closed the window and walked out of view. Another worker appeared and didn't have the slightest idea. I'm trying to yell through the window to help them out but they can't hear me. I was looking at my watch getting stressed. Finally a manager appeared and seem to explain the situation.
Man, I should have paid that one with a 10 dollar bill. Had to disregard several traffic laws to make it back to work on time...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Cools hrnewsome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread