Lucky?

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
A teller called me today to say that she had some big dollar coins and halves and that since I had asked her to call I could come get them Monday morning.

She said she has $5 in dollar coins and then she said I have $16...no make that $14...no $13.50 in halves.

Do you think that's a sign that maybe she's already removed the silver?

Upvote 0

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I have had it both ways. Tellers pick then call me. Also asked the tellers on the phone for dates and they said " you want them...they are all silver" so you don't know.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Does it really matter hrnewsome? If you have a teller calling you - get it and be happy!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_scratch: I disagree. She is a silver sniper & is only calling hrnewsome to get rid of coins she doesn't want. She's not doing him any favors by calling him. He won't be getting any silver coins from her for sure. He can get the coins from her but he doesn't have to be happy about it. That's my 2 cents on the subject.

HH
Gary

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: I disagree. She is a silver sniper & is only calling hrnewsome to get rid of coins she doesn't want. She's not doing him any favors by calling him. He won't be getting any silver coins from her for sure. He can get the coins from her but he doesn't have to be happy about it. That's my 2 cents on the subject.

HH
Gary

Not necessarily, test the waters and find out. You might get a sniper but you could also gain a teller on your side. I've seen both sides and will follow every lead I get. I've gotten some of my best scores through tellers.

OP
OP
hrnewsome

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
I picked them up and she actually had $15.50 in halves, none of them were silver. I told her how much I appreciated her call and she promised to call me whenever she has more. We'll see how it goes.

If I don't find silver it's not because I'm not looking!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had it both ways. Tellers pick then call me. Also asked the tellers on the phone for dates and they said " you want them...they are all silver" so you don't know.

I would not ask for dates. That makes you look like you want certain dates. The tellers can then ask which ones you like and/or find which ones are silver. It works sometimes, but I would not risk asking that question.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread