Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
For junk silver anyways.
I'ma' be real wit cha. There's a limited supply of junk silver. People are demandin' junk silver and there's not enough of it. Premiums are higher per ounce for even 40 percentas and war nickels than a silver eagle. It's wack. I'm concludin' that junk silver will always have a slight premium even if the price does go down. This is applicable to us rollers because now if your considerin quitting because your buring so much gas now you can keep in mind there might be a permanent premium to our finds...what do you guys think? Tim zim knows what I'm sayin

Until next time... peace!

Upvote 0

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps you are right a out 90% but I have not found the same to be true of 40% and war nickels. In fact, I've found war nickels go for below spot often. I believe it has something to do with the difficulty in extracting the silver when melting them down. That specific alloy makes it harder.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found that the premium depends on the coin, not the percentage of purity. In my area silver rosies carry almost no premium ounce for ounce compared to a silver eagle, or Morgan dollar, or 90% half dollar.

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps you are right a out 90% but I have not found the same to be true of 40% and war nickels. In fact, I've found war nickels go for below spot often. I believe it has something to do with the difficulty in extracting the silver when melting them down. That specific alloy makes it harder.

Homie if you buy one ounce of war nickels by me you'll be paying 26 bucks an ounce. Maybe it depends on the area

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I'm selling 40% at over spot. Used to be under spot...cause they were 40%. Not anymore.

halfnhalf

Feb 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think your running scared,just wait a few more months and you will be shocked..nuff said

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homie if you buy one ounce of war nickels by me you'll be paying 26 bucks an ounce. Maybe it depends on the area

An ounce of war nickels is $26? What a rip off. That's paying more than an ounce for way less than an ounce of silver. The nickels are 35% so only 35% of your ounce would be silver.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An ounce of war nickels is $26? What a rip off. That's paying more than an ounce for way less than an ounce of silver. The nickels are 35% so only 35% of your ounce would be silver.

annoyed-facepalm-picard-l.png

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other

I meant one ounce of silver in war nickels. so youll be getting mo' other metals too but and ounce of silver

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can get 40% and war nicks at or below spot cause nobody else wants them- well I dont really want the nicks either- and as for the premiums they better not stay high once the spot rises- but I can see your point if there is more demand than supply then I guess they could stay high :-(

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

An ounce is an ounce. Whether it is an ounce of 35% silver, or an ounce of 90% silver, it is still an ounce.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An ounce is an ounce. Whether it is an ounce of 35% silver, or an ounce of 90% silver, it is still an ounce.

You're right but that's not what I was challenging. Take an ounce of 90% and an ounce of war nickels. Which ounce has more silver? The 90% because 90% of it will be silver as opposed to only 35% of the weight being silver in the nickels.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right but that's not what I was challenging. Take an ounce of 90% and an ounce of war nickels. Which ounce has more silver? The 90% because 90% of it will be silver as opposed to only 35% of the weight being silver in the nickels.

You are confusing actual weight with Troy ounce weight. They are not talking about putting the coins on a scale and weighing them out. They are saying that that the silver in _________ amount of coins contains one troy ounce of silver.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, you cant make more junk silver, therefor it only can go up in value..it not only has silver melt value but its also fractional (good for bartering) and it also has a face value..WIN WIN in my book..keep stackin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread