springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,I got a box of pennies today and decided to go through them early this morning when I got up. Found a few nice mint state coppers and a few wheat pennies as usual. But,the highlight of this morning's roll hunt was uncovering this 1903 Bronze Indian Head cent. It's pretty much just in G condition but,it was a nice find in my opinion. The funny part is this isn't the craziest thing that's happened to me since I've been roll hunting. I found a 1943 Mercury Dime in a penny roll once before! 1903 Indian Head Cent.JPG Merc 1.JPG

Upvote 0

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Nice find. I have never found an IH in the wild yet. Speaking of Mercury dimes though...once I found one in a half dollar roll....

OP
OP
springsnrings

springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I have never found an IH in the wild yet. Speaking of Mercury dimes though...once I found one in a half dollar roll....

Wow,that would be an awesome find. ;) The only thing I've found in half dollar rolls are 40% Kennedys. But,I haven't been through many of them. I'm more of a penny and quarter hunter. But,I like going through any denomination really...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread