Well, I tried.....

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
:) Howdy there Scotto, I hear ya man. It's a real drag when you go to places that are supposed to have lots of money (like that's their jobs) and ya can't even score a couple a rolls of halves! >:( Almost makes a guy angry. ;D Anyway dude, here's my little trick, I learned it about a decade or so ago and have used it successfully ever since. If you have wheels, go directly to the smallest, nearest town or village even, that you can find around your area. Depending on the size and appearant wealth of the little town you've chosen, there will only be a bank or three in the whole place. 8) Bingo! ;) It's almost a sure thing buddy, that you'll be able to come up with a few rolls of those half ouncers in those, off the beaten track, banks. Oh, and while you're there, with an extra fifty in your pocket, ask the ladies for ten rolls of dimes too! You are almost sure to not only get some silver ones, the chances of scoring my favorite coin, the Merc, are more than good. ;)

Keep going at this buddyscotto, it will pay off, just takes a little persistance and a bit of thinking outside of the box. These folks in here are NOT pulling your leg my friend. ;D They are finding some great coins out there, still, even. But, there's no time to lose, she's a sinking silver ship.... 8)

LarryB

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the advice Larry! Plenty of small towns around here, that's for sure. I'll give it a shot.

Scotto

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OK, went out and found a bank that had some rolled halves, got some, and got skunked! Not one keeper out of all of them! :'(

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Don't give up! I had to spend about 300 dollars and WAY too much gas at over 7 banks before I found any. And then I hit paydirt. Try banks in different parts of town if you can. They're out there. The silver is definitely out there. It's our job to find it.

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Got 14 more rolls of halfs, and got skunked! Went to some out-of-the-way banks, and none had any rolls of halfs. *sigh* :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread