Calling it quits today

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank one: dumped $100+ in pennies, pick up $100 in dimes 5 rolls short 8 dimes each. I'm just gonna call it quits now and pick up $200 in pennies.

:icon_scratch: Were they cwr or mwr? When the teller put them on the counter didn't they look smaller than the other rolls? 8 dimes is almost 20% of the roll. I would go back to that bank & let them know what happened. Good luck with the pennies.

HH
Gary

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear ya. I stopped doing CWR dimes and quarters en mass because i was getting shorted as well. The quarters were the worst, almost every roll had pennies, dimes, or nickles stuffed in as fillers. I was essentially paying for my finds with the shorts.

I only do boxed and CWR halves now.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
:icon_scratch: Were they cwr or mwr? When the teller put them on the counter didn't they look smaller than the other rolls? 8 dimes is almost 20% of the roll. I would go back to that bank & let them know what happened. Good luck with the pennies.

HH
Gary

They were the ones that are crimped on one end and then you fill through the other end. He/she that filled them made it look like they were full.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear ya. I stopped doing CWR dimes and quarters en mass because i was getting shorted as well. The quarters were the worst, almost every roll had pennies, dimes, or nickles stuffed in as fillers. I was essentially paying for my finds with the shorts.

I only do boxed and CWR halves now.

:hello: Last week I was at the bank picking up a box of halfs when the person in line turned in $30 of cwr of dimes. I normally don't do dimes but I decided to pick up the rolls. 1 roll had 51 dimes & I also found a 1953 Roosie. I guess I was lucky.

HH
Gary

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
It's hard to take a large hit on cents and that's part of the reason I don't mind CWR. I don't want to be a burden on the bank as try as well will now let me dump two bags a week and do "subject to count" for my pennies, which saves me 3 or 4 hours a week.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I used to love to do CWR dimes, but now I hardly get silver anymore and another time about a week I got shorted 5 dimes in 5 rolls all from the same branch.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
i haven't counted in years, so i never know if i'm shorted dimes or not. i search about $20k in cwr annually, not counting mwr, and I dump in $500 bags over the counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread