POLL: GarouLady Cancer Fund

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, I do not even know if I'm violating any rules in saying any of the following, please warn me if I am, I looked and I don't see any I could be breaking.

I personally think that there should be a sticky pinned to the Coin Roll Hunting subforum, a thread BY GarouLady for a T-net cancer fund directly to her. If every member chipped in a little, it would be worthwhile. It would give her extra coin-roll-hunting bankroll, so she could take life easy, and focus on the fun things rather than the stresses of it.

GarouLady, is one of the nicest members on this site, does not have much money (works as a Grocery store worker), and has absolutely no financial support for dealing with cancer. I feel a T-net Cancer Donation, would be a much needed physical, physiological, and financial gift to her. I says it once and I'm saying it again, not everyone has rapper kind of money, especially a grocery worker with cancer.

The purpose of this thread is to see what members would be in support of doing such a thing and to see if the site would permit it. Really one small stickied thread would not take up any space in the forum. I would also like GarouLady's personal opinions and if she agrees, I suggest she starts the sticky up as soon as the mods give the go-ahead. If she starts getting donations, it'll be like rolls of Ikes, half dollars, all sorts of coin rolls being chunked at the cancer until it goes away. I'm going to say you are a hardhearted person if you don't support such a thing.

Upvote 0

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I really appreciate the thought. I'm totally crying and its hard to type that 50cent was sweet enough to even post this. I do understand the Mods anti-donation rule and understand Coppercrazy's apprehension about me 'proving' my Stage 3C uterine cancer. I wish to God that I didn't have this. Didn't have to drive 30+ miles everyday to get radiation treatment or soon have to get a shunt put into my chest to get Chemo. This totally stinks big time. But this thing isn't going to beat me. I might grip and post here because its how I deal with the stress. I am a writer and CRHer to my soul. No stupid disease or mutated cells are going to take that away from me. Again, thank you 50 cent and those who said they would donate. It really lightens my spirits just to see that there are still good people in this world that care about others. Well got to go and get zapped again. maybe by the end of this I will be able to glow in the dark allowing me to CRH in the dark, LOL.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I really appreciate the thought. I'm totally crying and its hard to type that 50cent was sweet enough to even post this. I do understand the Mods anti-donation rule and understand Coppercrazy's apprehension about me 'proving' my Stage 3C uterine cancer. I wish to God that I didn't have this. Didn't have to drive 30+ miles everyday to get radiation treatment or soon have to get a shunt put into my chest to get Chemo. This totally stinks big time. But this thing isn't going to beat me. I might grip and post here because its how I deal with the stress. I am a writer and CRHer to my soul. No stupid disease or mutated cells are going to take that away from me. Again, thank you 50 cent and those who said they would donate. It really lightens my spirits just to see that there are still good people in this world that care about others. Well got to go and get zapped again. maybe by the end of this I will be able to glow in the dark allowing me to CRH in the dark, LOL.

Sincerely, GarouLady

I really hope you'll make it through. You are one of this nicest and one of my favorite members on the forum! People like you are what is right with society. Bad things happen to good people. I doubt you are trying to scam us. I HIGHY doubt it. You just never really know for sure though.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone starts a link I will donate and pass it on to a very popular thread I am a part of...:)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll donate in coins. Cash is always tight. Maybe do like "T-Shirt for Garou" and make a tshirts designed with a few piles of coins?
Or "I'd rather be stacking"
Or just lemonade. <-- Mr. Creativity.
Wicka

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'll donate in coins. Cash is always tight. Maybe do like "T-Shirt for Garou" and make a tshirts designed with a few piles of coins?
Or "I'd rather be stacking"
Or just lemonade. <-- Mr. Creativity.
Wicka

YES! "I'd rather be stacking" shirts!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will set up the fund raiser if Garoulady is ok with that.

Garoulady, I will need some personal information from you to set it up. PM me your email address to start the process.

Joe

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I've even replied to a Garoulady post but I notice she is always very nice and pleasant(unlike me). She is clearly salt of the earth. I should take her ques...I'm in.

OO

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
"Doubters" can always make a donation to The American Cancer Society, in her name... While not directly benefitting her, a worthwhile donation just the same...

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Doubters" can always make a donation to The American Cancer Society, in her name... While not directly benefitting her, a worthwhile donation just the same...

In the sad age of "Catfish" that we live in and the anonymity of the internet, I don't think its such a bad thing to be cautious.

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is my solution for a trustworthy delivery:

1. Joe's Charter Membership starts a thread in the for sale section linked (possibly via sticky) here:
2. People PUBLICLY post the amount they donate
3. The payment should go the GarouLady's PayPal account if she has one.
4. She confirms she received the amount donated.

If such a system can be setup, it is a fool proof way of helping GarouLady out. Or Joe simply post's the thread and Garoulady completely handels the payment herself?

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously? What kind you need? You want to take a biopsy yourself. Or read the path slides? First off she didn't post it herself asking for help was a gesture by 50. Was never required to give and mildly degrading to ask someone to prove they have cancer to someone for 5$. What has happened to humanity I personally would risk being taken for 5-10$ before I asked someone to provide proof of a possible terminal illness. Perhaps thats just me

First: I think GarouLady is honest and truthful. While I strongly disagreed with some of her posts / attitude about sharing CRH'ing with the world, she has always posted with humility and kindness.

Second: A "tip of the cap" to 50cent for the idea and post. Things got a little too "gangster" in the past, and you ended up on my ignore list. For some reason, your post came through on my phone. I'm glad it did. Credit where credit is due.

Now, to answer the question, "What has happened to humanity?" This:

Long Island Woman Caught in Cancer Scam to Pay for Heroin - ABC News

Facebook Cancer Scam Breaks Teen Hearts | TechNewsDaily.com

N.J. mom arrested for faking son's cancer to defraud family and friends out of cash - NY Daily News

Texas prom queen who collected $17G arrested in fake cancer scam | Fox News

Unfortunately, I could go on and on and on. And on. Crooks / scammers / thieves / unscrupulous people are out there, preying on those with big hearts and good intentions. This is not even the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Every major disaster (9/11, Katrina, Sandy, wildfires, etc) has scammers and posers looking for money, claiming to be a victim of said disaster, and taking advantage of decent folks.

When people are naturally cautious, it is understandable. Some people don't like to be taken advantage of, regardless of the amount. When I was younger, I gave a dude $5 for gas at a gas station. Lo and behold, 10 minutes later, he was in the grocery store line 2 people behind me, holding an 18 pack of Bud Light and a giant bottle of wine. I made eye contact with him, and I was greeted with a hearty smile a smirky stare from him and his buddy. I waited outside the store for him. After a short conversation, he pulled out his wallet and returned my $5 bill. I also noticed other bills in his wallet.

While I agree that making someone "prove" their cancer is tacky, to say the least, I do not begrudge those that are cautious to respond. DrCaufield, since that was your first post, I'll say, "welcome" and HH....!

Again, nothing in this post is to suggest GarouLady is not sincere, nor to highlight various scams to frighten people away from making a donation of some sort. Like I said, make it to the American Cancer Society or some other valid, known organization in GarouLady's name if you are the cautious type. And again, thanks 50cent.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my solution for a trustworthy delivery:

1. Joe's Charter Membership starts a thread in the for sale section linked (possibly via sticky) here:
2. People PUBLICLY post the amount they donate
3. The payment should go the GarouLady's PayPal account if she has one.
4. She confirms she received the amount donated.

If such a system can be setup, it is a fool proof way of helping GarouLady out. Or Joe simply post's the thread and Garoulady completely handels the payment herself?

Sorry Nothing Public. Sorry ! Just want to avoid "You did it here, Why can't I " Syndrome

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
If its ok with the mods I am ok with the donations to the American Cancer Society. If that's not ok, then please donate to your local hospitals. My hospital has a cancer fund to help those who are financially strapped for cash. I haven't asked for help because I know there is always someone who needs it a lot more than I do. Oh the really bright side, its raining here, my peach and apple trees are going to love this and I am going to have a total ball canning all these goodies in a month or two. Oh the canning menu I will be canning, homemade applesauce, pickled spiced peaches, regular spiced peaches in syrup (that one will be a first for me), freezer blackberry jam, Rosehip jelly (another first) and hawthorne jelly( haven't tried this one but we got all these goofy hawthorne trees around. Might as well get some good outta them) And pickled eggs from our own chickens. Anyone wanting recipes for the pickled spiced peaches send a PM to me. They are twangy, cinnamony and in winter are definitely a treat to eat. If too twangy I have found letting them settle to room temperature cuts the vinegar twanginess down)

Hugs and Smiles everyone. I ain't for the grave yet. too many coins to hunt, too many books to read and too many foods to can to go now.

GarouLady =)

PS - if anyone wants a really different cheesecake recipe. PM me for that. my grandmother had a cheesecake that is light as air and you have to make two because one is just never enough.

Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your canning goes good for you... Stay strong and carry on.. . Best wishes to you with your battle and I will send a prayer up for you..

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
First: I think GarouLady is honest and truthful. While I strongly disagreed with some of her posts / attitude about sharing CRH'ing with the world, she has always posted with humility and kindness.

Second: A "tip of the cap" to 50cent for the idea and post. Things got a little too "gangster" in the past, and you ended up on my ignore list. For some reason, your post came through on my phone. I'm glad it did. Credit where credit is due.

Now, to answer the question, "What has happened to humanity?" This:

Long Island Woman Caught in Cancer Scam to Pay for Heroin - ABC News

Facebook Cancer Scam Breaks Teen Hearts | TechNewsDaily.com

N.J. mom arrested for faking son's cancer to defraud family and friends out of cash - NY Daily News

Texas prom queen who collected $17G arrested in fake cancer scam | Fox News

Unfortunately, I could go on and on and on. And on. Crooks / scammers / thieves / unscrupulous people are out there, preying on those with big hearts and good intentions. This is not even the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Every major disaster (9/11, Katrina, Sandy, wildfires, etc) has scammers and posers looking for money, claiming to be a victim of said disaster, and taking advantage of decent folks.

When people are naturally cautious, it is understandable. Some people don't like to be taken advantage of, regardless of the amount. When I was younger, I gave a dude $5 for gas at a gas station. Lo and behold, 10 minutes later, he was in the grocery store line 2 people behind me, holding an 18 pack of Bud Light and a giant bottle of wine. I made eye contact with him, and I was greeted with a hearty smile a smirky stare from him and his buddy. I waited outside the store for him. After a short conversation, he pulled out his wallet and returned my $5 bill. I also noticed other bills in his wallet.

While I agree that making someone "prove" their cancer is tacky, to say the least, I do not begrudge those that are cautious to respond. DrCaufield, since that was your first post, I'll say, "welcome" and HH....!

Again, nothing in this post is to suggest GarouLady is not sincere, nor to highlight various scams to frighten people away from making a donation of some sort. Like I said, make it to the American Cancer Society or some other valid, known organization in GarouLady's name if you are the cautious type. And again, thanks 50cent.

You basically said everything I was thinking thanks.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, cat here, first off, GarouLady, I am so sorry you are having to go through this trial, and mere words can not even come close, to the sentiments felt in my heart, for you in this trying time. Your posts and words have enriched me(bet you didn't know that), as I am sure it has, many others on this board here. Bless you and thank you.
Kinda like the slogan above one of my beach hangouts- Because Nice Matters! What goes around comes around.

I know there are many different personalities here, that all have different life experiences, that cause us all to form our opinions and judgments. It's up to ALL of us, imho, to lift and help our fellowman or fellow-woman out, and not be stumbling blocks and hindrance's to doing good. We as ppl, should realize, as science studies show, positive exchanges give health and happiness to our bodies, souls, and even cells, while negative exchanges hurt out bodies, souls, and yes, even our cells. Negative exchanges are not only damaging to the ones involved in the exchange, but is damaging to the ppl who witness such exchanges also. I know that may be a deep thing to think about, but true mindfulness and awareness is something many just don't bother with anymore. We can and will be those, that make a difference, if we truly try. Are we not in charge of our lives, what we do, and how we act? ok, sorry, nuff bout that.

So........ I got no problem with a donation, act of kindness, reaching out to another. If $5, $50, or even $100 would make or break me and my life, well..... I'd be in real bad shape.
I hope soon, Ms. GarouLady will be posting some of that good canning, food, books, and other crafts she has lovingly made, for the rest of us to enjoy. Ms. G, I'll send you a PM, in a few minutes.

See world, it's up to US! We are the demons and the saviors of this world! Own it and act accordingly! That's the greatest gift we have, besides the moment of now! In this moment of now, I would prefer to be an angel, not a devil.
What do ya'll wanna be?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread