POLL: GarouLady Cancer Fund

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, I do not even know if I'm violating any rules in saying any of the following, please warn me if I am, I looked and I don't see any I could be breaking.

I personally think that there should be a sticky pinned to the Coin Roll Hunting subforum, a thread BY GarouLady for a T-net cancer fund directly to her. If every member chipped in a little, it would be worthwhile. It would give her extra coin-roll-hunting bankroll, so she could take life easy, and focus on the fun things rather than the stresses of it.

GarouLady, is one of the nicest members on this site, does not have much money (works as a Grocery store worker), and has absolutely no financial support for dealing with cancer. I feel a T-net Cancer Donation, would be a much needed physical, physiological, and financial gift to her. I says it once and I'm saying it again, not everyone has rapper kind of money, especially a grocery worker with cancer.

The purpose of this thread is to see what members would be in support of doing such a thing and to see if the site would permit it. Really one small stickied thread would not take up any space in the forum. I would also like GarouLady's personal opinions and if she agrees, I suggest she starts the sticky up as soon as the mods give the go-ahead. If she starts getting donations, it'll be like rolls of Ikes, half dollars, all sorts of coin rolls being chunked at the cancer until it goes away. I'm going to say you are a hardhearted person if you don't support such a thing.

Upvote 0

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the really bright side, its raining here, my peach and apple trees are going to love this and I am going to have a total ball canning all these goodies in a month or two. Oh the canning menu I will be canning, homemade applesauce, pickled spiced peaches, regular spiced peaches in syrup (that one will be a first for me), freezer blackberry jam, Rosehip jelly (another first) and hawthorne jelly( haven't tried this one but we got all these goofy hawthorne trees around. Might as well get some good outta them) And pickled eggs from our own chickens.

New idea - I'm getting hungry just readying your reply. I'd love a jar of homemade jam. Garoulady, you should put some of your canned goods up for sale to the highest bidder. I'd pay a ridiculous amount of money for homemade jam and a good cause.

OO

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New idea - I'm getting hungry just readying your reply. I'd love a jar of homemade jam. Garoulady, you should put some of your canned goods up for sale to the highest bidder. I'd pay a ridiculous amount of money for homemade jam and a good cause.

OO
YOU AND ME BOTH! :laughing7:
My Mom used to can, pickle, jelly, and preserve, and I have missed it for a long long time!

I bet GL's jams and jelly's will make good PB&J sammichs (and more) for them CRH trips! :laughing7:

I do have word, from an unnamed source, all I will say........ I think we may be getting jam and jelly here, real soon! ssshhhhhhh YAY! :hello2:

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
I would be willing to pay for her charter membership so she can "sell" her stuff on here just pm me how to do it if she doesn't already have one.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I didn't want to be the one to say it, and it could have gone unsaid forever(I like being a behind the scene cat, I'm not one of them paparazzi cat-dawgs, like some of ya'll :laughing7:).
Dang 50, didn't you ever read the, "keep your mouth shut" thread? LOL! I should have told you that in my pm, sorry, LOL!

Yes, Ms. GL will be soon joining the ranks of the CM club! From my understanding, it may take a few days for them to get it updated on her account.

Ya'll save that money for all that good jam and jelly I hope we will be getting soon! LOL!
Hopefully, we'll have some info on a link from joecool or an update from Ms. GL soon.
Hope everyone has a great day! Keep making those positive differences in the world, please.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay since the Cat is out of the bag, GarouLady will be a CM thanks to Pat as soon as admins see my request on the admin forum...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
DrCaufield, since that was your first post, I'll say, "welcome" and HH....!

Thanks! Wasn't my first post. Have been here for around 6 months was locked out of my other account and unable to recover/change my password so recreated my account under the same name with a capital letter. To the mods. I am the same as the original drcaufield but the temp password the system sent me to change my password wouldn't work when I entered it.

But as always HH to all!

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
lol.... i thought your name was oddly familiar.... "rescinding welcome".... :laughing7:

I have been traveling the last couple weeks visiting the Tour de France and the British Open with a couple stops in Amsterdam. When I got back in the country my TN account wouldn't log back on on my phone and the rest is as I stated above. :)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checking in for GLs' charter membership. I'm waiting to see the little red ribbon by Gls' name here.
It would be nice to get the poll up in our favor a little too. Perhaps we could sticky it for a month or two or three.
Mr. TH, ifn you is out there, we might need you to check on that CM, otherwise, folks might think the cat is a flake,
which those that know me, know I ain't.
Ya'll have fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread