GarouLadys Daily Till coin finds

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
GarouLady's Daily Till coin finds

Well since I haven't been able to actually go coin hunting in a while, I have resigned myself to coin hunting via my till. which is ok because with radiation, lifting those boxes is getting harder and harder. Onto the good notes, I found 2 dimes, a 1961 and a 1964 last week both in rolls. That was pretty sweet. Then I have found 7 canadian copper pennies. Nice. Love those maple leaves. No wheaties or indian heads though. Bummer but still looking.

Till totals as of 7/25/13

dimes - 2 (1961,1964)
Canadian Pennies - 7, dates varied.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome that you can still search and find AG while at work- good for you

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and good thinking about the bright side of things, i hope massive loads of silver comes your way!

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Cull! Keep this post going. I have always thought most of my finds are from retail stores that sent their change out and got put in boxes. HH

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
ok, It's friday 7/26/13. No silver but found a 1957 D wheatie, first in a month of searching. And 3 canadian pennies. But i found out that our coinstar has now have a amazon giftcard. sweet!! I don't have to drive the extra 20 miles to dump coinage. I save some of my dumps for the giftcard and the rest goes into my CRHing fund. i round one up and the rest goes into the other. Like I save all my pre 1950's nickels and after a while dump them.

Still looking for an indian head penny. Thinking about getting boxes of pennies since they are only about 25-50 bucks a box.

Anyways, time for me to hit the hay.

Sincerely, GarouLady

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohhh, was searching through my mom's spare change holder and found a beauty. Not american but its a 1979 New Zealand Fern Penny. I LOVE those things. Use to dig them out of our LCS's junk bin for 25 cents apeice. They are so gorgeous. Dare I say it, better than the canadian maple leaf ::ducks and hides in case canadian lightening hits her:: LOL. I have been searching for more of those pennies but no one seems to have them unless its the odd proof uber-expensive one. Need to ask my mom where she got this one. ::grins:: not exactly a till find but its a uber sweet one for me.

Sincerely, GarouLady

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, It's august 3rd, though technically the 4th and I was working though feeling pretty crummy. Not super bad but enough I had to make friends again with Mr. Imodium AD. I hate that stuff. Another week of external radiation and I switch to internal and they said the big D would go away in a few weeks. God I hope so. But anyways onto my finds today.

I was fingering through my nickels to give a customer back some change when I saw a P on the back of a montacello. Without thinking I tossed it into my empty change section until we got slow. then I checked it out and found that it was a 1944 P War Nickel. Sweet!!! Not much but I took it. Then later a co-worker asked if I wanted a dime. I searched my pockets and changed out the dime for the quarter plus change. it was a 1960 dime. More silver!! I knew he collected silver and coins and when there was no one around, I asked him why didn't he take it, that I thought he had collected coins. He told me he had to sell his silver off, end of story. I asked him if he wanted to go back to collecting and he said no, he wasn't into collecting anymore. For myself I was kinda bummed. I like having the friendly competition of searching for coins. I have 1 friend who works in the cash office and she looks for silver too. But I don't get to see her that often. Oh well finding the war nickel was the cherry on this silver sundae and a much needed boost to my spirits.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Till totals as of 7/25/13

dimes - 3 (1960,1961,1964)
War Nickels - 1 (1944P)

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Double silver day? Sweeet!

Glad to see the CRh Gods were good to you,
Hope you feel better,
Wicka

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
ok, Newest finds of the day. Found a 1947 dime (yeah more silver), a 1944 wheatie and a 2012 frosted commemrative (SP help anyone?) Canadian Quarter. It has an indian on the front, a name and a maple leaf. the indian gentleman is frosted and looks totally cool. So love finding new to me canadian quarters.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Till totals as of 8/7/13

dimes - 4 (1947,1960,1961,1964)
Wheaties - 1 (1944)
War Nickels - 1 (1944P)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohhh, was searching through my mom's spare change holder and found a beauty. Not american but its a 1979 New Zealand Fern Penny. I LOVE those things. Use to dig them out of our LCS's junk bin for 25 cents apeice. They are so gorgeous. Dare I say it, better than the canadian maple leaf ::ducks and hides in case canadian lightening hits her:: LOL. I have been searching for more of those pennies but no one seems to have them unless its the odd proof uber-expensive one. Need to ask my mom where she got this one. ::grins:: not exactly a till find but its a uber sweet one for me.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Those New Zealand cents are pretty nice. I prefer the Canadian cents, but they are pretty nice. I have 3 of those, 2 for trade. If you want the two, PM me and I can maybe send you them.

I still think this coin that I have is one of the most beautiful in the world:

attachment.php

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
and a 2012 frosted commemrative (SP help anyone?) Canadian Quarter. It has an indian on the front, a name and a maple leaf. the indian gentleman is frosted and looks totally cool. So love finding new to me canadian quarters.

Is it this one:
canada25ctecmusehfrost.jpg

It is Tecumseh and commemorates the War of 1812. I just looked at it yesterday and want to get it now. It's only $4 for the two varieties of this one (frosted and colorized).

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
That's the one Sag. Mine's frosted. On the upside I am finding more silver. on 8/15/13, I found a 1945P war nickel in my nickle slot of my drawer and a wheatie in our penny bowl. Then the day before I found a 1955 dime. I am getting excited. I am getting really close to getting my first roll of war nickels. yeah!

Sincerely, GarouLady

Till totals as of 8/15/13

dimes - 5 (1947,1955,1960,1961,1964)
Wheaties - 2 (1944)
War Nickels - 2 (1944P, 1945P)

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey garou,

Sweet finds!! Foreign and domestic! Do you have each war nickel? (Date and mintmark?) I think that's a cool set to have from the wild :-)
Good luck!
Wicka

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread