Does anyone out there bank with Regions Bank??

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I've been banking with Regions Bank for about three years and during that time, they have been ordering boxes of halves for me on a weekly basis. The relationship has been terrific. This past week, I was informed that effective immediately, they would be charging $5.00 per box for ordering the halves and if they were re-deposited at any Regions branch, there would be another $5.00 charge per box for that as well. During the past three years, I have never deposited any halves at the branch where I pick up but have at some of the other branches around town and in other towns. I have asked for this policy in writing. Just wonder if anyone else has dealt or is dealing with this bank and been told this same news.

Looks like this relationship is over. It was a great run. I will find another pick-up bank. Thanks for your input and happy hunting.

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't bank with them but I've had other banks give me the new fees are coming bs. Time to move on.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
regions gave me the run around too. I asked them to order halfs for me they said they would if I opened a account, I did I opened 3. When it came time to order they said they "forgot" three weeks in a row then they said they ordered them and tried to push 1,000 in gold dollars on me.
HH Cooper

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I've been banking with Regions Bank for about three years and during that time, they have been ordering boxes of halves for me on a weekly basis. The relationship has been terrific. This past week, I was informed that effective immediately, they would be charging $5.00 per box for ordering the halves and if they were re-deposited at any Regions branch, there would be another $5.00 charge per box for that as well. During the past three years, I have never deposited any halves at the branch where I pick up but have at some of the other branches around town and in other towns. I have asked for this policy in writing. Just wonder if anyone else has dealt or is dealing with this bank and been told this same news.

I think I see part of your problem...

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Never had a problem with them; I get boxes of any coin from them, no problem. I wouldn't tote a box of halves into another branch though, that's just asking for trouble.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Regions as well. Like the others have said, dumping where u eat is a No No. I've dumped MANY thousands with them and have never been charged a fee but I'm very close with the head tellers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread