Quick question

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I Look for WAM 98, 99, and 00. I also look for double ear 84's. And DDo on 69 and 72's. There are a lot more errors including 83's 92's and 95's but they are so rare I dont bother to check for them. For example the CAM on the 92, there have only been like 25ish ever found. Also take all the copper pennies out when your searching through them. Goodluck! HH!

OP
OP
C

CRHlover

Jul 29, 2013
Thanks! I look for the WAM, didn't thin of the others. I will definetly kep an eye out for those. And yesss gotta hoard those copper pennies!

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet!
I suggest that you get a book called Cherrypickers' Guide. You don't need to buy a new one IF you can find one at a used book store. The newest version is the 'Fifth Edition Vol 1' costs about $35. But check Amazon.

Have Fun

OP
OP
C

CRHlover

Jul 29, 2013
Thank you, I was wondering if there were any good books that will help me out. I will have to look up on that

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's the IH's and Wheats. I tried looking for errors and varieties but it was just too much for me. I don't know how some of you guys do it...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's the IH's and Wheats. I tried looking for errors and varieties but it was just too much for me. I don't know how some of you guys do it...

Yay...i look for wheats and pull out the coppers....every once in a while i will find a 73 penny that looks like it came out of a mint set....always a 73 too

OP
OP
C

CRHlover

Jul 29, 2013
So basically if I have the time cool for errors. But if not its ok to just look for wheaties copper and Indian heads.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay...i look for wheats and pull out the coppers....every once in a while i will find a 73 penny that looks like it came out of a mint set....always a 73 too

Haha strange! I did 4 boxes of pennies over the weekend and I probably had 1-2 dozen pennies from the 1960's and 1970's that looked brand spankin' new.

OP
OP
C

CRHlover

Jul 29, 2013
Do you guys keep your 2009 pennies?? I heard they have the lowest mintage in the past 50 years and in a few years they will be worth alot.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I am fairly new to CRH and I was wondering what do you guys cool for when searching pennies? I know there are many different errors but do u guys look for every error? Or only specfic ones? Thanks for the help in advance

I collect them wheat cents, indian cents, and king George Canadians and blank disks. Usta save copper but I got too much now. Throw the rest back with my half dolla dumps so I lose suspicion when I dump thousands of dollars in halves.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you guys keep your 2009 pennies?? I heard they have the lowest mintage in the past 50 years and in a few years they will be worth alot.

I wouldn't myself. I doubt they will go up in value enough to make it worth while. I mostly save copper plus wheats and the occasional IH. Keep all the copper Canadian also.

OP
OP
C

CRHlover

Jul 29, 2013
I wouldn't myself. I doubt they will go up in value enough to make it worth while. I mostly save copper plus wheats and the occasional IH. Keep all the copper Canadian also.

Ok thamks again for the advice I won't worry about looking for those then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread