Coin Roll Hunting Tools

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting ready to write an article on my blog about my favorite coin roll hunting tools and it got me thinking that I should ask that very same question here. What are your favorite tools to use on your coin roll hunting journeys?

As for me, I have 2 sacks that I made to hold large numbers of coins when picking up and dumping, and they're also good for concealing any coin boxes that I pick up.

I also have a pyramid type plastic coin sorter that makes it easy to reroll the coins. This type of coin sorter has 4 openings for the 4 main denominations. You just stack up the coins in the "tube" and slide your paper roll down to reroll. The neat thing about this for edge hunting is that you can just pour the roll into the sorter, edge hunt, and then immediately reroll into the very same paper you got them in.

And of course (:skullflag:), the sharpie marker to mark the rolls I've already looked through.

What are your favorites?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I am getting ready to write an article on my blog about my favorite coin roll hunting tools and it got me thinking that I should ask that very same question here. What are your favorite tools to use on your coin roll hunting journeys?

As for me, I have 2 sacks that I made to hold large numbers of coins when picking up and dumping, and they're also good for concealing any coin boxes that I pick up.

I also have a pyramid type plastic coin sorter that makes it easy to reroll the coins. This type of coin sorter has 4 openings for the 4 main denominations. You just stack up the coins in the "tube" and slide your paper roll down to reroll. The neat thing about this for edge hunting is that you can just pour the roll into the sorter, edge hunt, and then immediately reroll into the very same paper you got them in.

And of course (:skullflag:), the sharpie marker to mark the rolls I've already looked through.

What are your favorites?

I don't have tools. :(
Wicja

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
razor blade but i don't reommend it because my hands have scars on them from some nasty misses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread