Its all about the silver!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about the silver!

Or is it? This is what a cool grand in profit on some Ikes I found for a buck each looks like;

f58f9632-a803-4c63-a0af-493bdb8d299b.jpg~original

And I have another dozen or so to submit.

Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started checking for the 72 type two - what do u think is the quickest/easiest way to recognize one?

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started checking for the 72 type two - what do u think is the quickest/easiest way to recognize one?

...Check for the only major diagnostic it carries, that being the incuse islands? I don't know how else you'd notice one besides that, although I am slowly beginning to pick up on subtle strike differences on the vast majority of March Die struck T2's that is allowing me to identify T2's with about 30% accuracy without even looking at the reverse.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...Check for the only major diagnostic it carries, that being the incuse islands? I don't know how else you'd notice one besides that, although I am slowly beginning to pick up on subtle strike differences on the vast majority of March Die struck T2's that is allowing me to identify T2's with about 30% accuracy without even looking at the reverse.

You mean instead of being a raised feature on the coin they are sunk in, like those Indian gold pieces? I've seen several articles on these coins but I'm still not sure what to look for. I thought it was something related to the positions of the islands relative to Florida.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet. How many Ikes did you have to search to find all those?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread