How to find banks with boxes of halves?

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently just got $500.00 and I'm trying to figure out how to get boxes of halves.. I usually go through 1Cents anywhere from $25.00-$75.00 at a time. And recently I've done a few boxes of Dimes $250.00 at a time. With the dimes I've had trouble finding banks willing to give me boxes. I've been going to a town close to my area and they've given me $100.00 in Nickels + a couple boxes of dimes when they had them in stock.. Even though it's in my area it's not a short drive since I live in the middle of nowhere, has anyone tried calling ahead of time to ask if they had Halves? I'm not sure if I should call and order a box or if I should just run over there and hopefully get a box. :/

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most banks dont carry boxes of halves-its not something they use for normal business so you almost always have to order them in advance- if you do find one at a bank its either someone elses box they ordered and forget/couldnt pick up- the bank ordered extra when someone ordered-
Just find some banks that will order for you-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank has to order a minimum of two boxes from their coin source (Loomis) if they are going to order halves. Not sure if that is typical or not. If it is, your bank might let you buy them one at a time though (buy one, dump, buy the next one).

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask if they will order them for you and if the head teller says no close your acct and go to the next bank. I walk in banks and ask if they can order them for me if they will I open a saving acct with $500. When they stop I close my acct. Work it man work it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread