Silver Baby!!

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver! One question, and don't take this the wrong way, why do you open the MWR so slow/awkwardly? I do a lot of dimes(rather, I used to) and I can blow through a box of MWR in 20 mins or less. It's easier to snip the ends with scissors. Peeling them like that will take you forever to get through a box.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I open MWR dimes with my fingernails, I can do a box in 20-25 min

Loomis and the other coin handlers don't cull silver because it isn't worth their time.
We coin roll hunt for fun, they separate, count and wrap coin for a living. To them, time is money.
I CRH for relaxation.

You may say, silver is money! Yes, but there isn't enough silver in general circulation, for it to be worth it to slow down their coin counters to separate out the silver.

Last edited:

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I push a small knife through the end and pry it off work good!

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I soak most CWR in isopropyl alcohol for a night and then light them on a piece of sheet metal on a cement slab.

That's interesting. Won't the alcohol damage any good coins though

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver! One question, and don't take this the wrong way, why do you open the MWR so slow/awkwardly? I do a lot of dimes(rather, I used to) and I can blow through a box of MWR in 20 mins or less. It's easier to snip the ends with scissors. Peeling them like that will take you forever to get through a box.

LOL no problem, I have it in my mind that I can reuse the wrapper, if I open it carefully. I just fool around with CRH anyway. I don't do any volume. Honestly, its just an excuse to make a video.

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool silver dime! Always a brighter day when it pops out :laughing7:

I agree 100%. I enjoy CRHing. Any silver to me is just a nice bonus. Kinda like fishing, Im not doing it to live, but to have fun!!

OP
OP
V

Virtual Paul

Feb 23, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I open MWR dimes with my fingernails, I can do a box in 20-25 min

Loomis and the other coin handlers don't cull silver because it isn't worth their time.
We coin roll hunt for fun, they separate, count and wrap coin for a living. To them, time is money.
I CRH for relaxation.

You may say, silver is money! Yes, but there isn't enough silver in general circulation, for it to be worth it to slow down their coin counters to separate out the silver.

I agree and CRH for relaxation also!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions