What to do???

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can try to go back to the bank to get reimbursed, they may or may not give you the money back. They have holes for a reason, always check before you leave the bank.

Hope you get your money back, $50 is a big hit.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has happened to me a couple times. Is this a bank where you know the tellers? A lot of times it's just part of the game, once you leave the bank it can't be verified. Once I had a box that was 40 short. I figured it was gone but a couple days later the central vault was 40 over and the lead teller gave me credit.(I know her well)

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and I like your pic; my kids are watching Dora right now!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't notice all the extra space and rolls rolling around in there? I don't know, hope your bank is supportive.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya 5 rolls would be hard to miss imo- I once had 2 short in a box that had got torn and taped by the courier so I just called them and they credited my accnt- id definitely call them asap-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
You can try to go back to the bank to get reimbursed, they may or may not give you the money back. They have holes for a reason, always check before you leave the bank.

Hope you get your money back, $50 is a big hit.

Well the thing is that the box didn't have any holes on the top.. It was a loomis box.. From my understanding.. The string and sons boxes have holes on the top..
Also I was carrying the box and the roles didn't move around.. When I opened the box, the rolls were not in rows of 10, they were jumbled together..
But on the positive side, I do know the tellers pretty well, and they do enjoy seeing me.. So maybe that will help my situation! I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow..

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah ow!!!! Ive taken 20$ hits a couple times already... ugh

Shay's here

May 1, 2013
California
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems to be the month for getting shorted! I had the issue with the $200 in fradulent dimes a few weeks back and the bank honored my claim and credited me the money. Give it a try, couldnt hurt. I wish you the best of luck!

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
UPDATE: I was able to speak to the bank and explained everything that happened.. They said they would look into it and call me back later.. Sure enough, I got the call and they said they were going to deposit the 50$ into my account.. Even without me going into the branch.. AND they have yet to have loomis tell them anything..

I'm glad I got the 50$ back! It's very important to establish a friendly relationship with your bank.. That way when things like this come up.. They trust you enough to credit you.. HH

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great! Personally, I would have never brought it up. Good way to get cut off, I've seen it happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread