Fairwell...

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
So today I was hit on the side of my car, driving my sister home from a friends house. The whole left side (drivers side) of my car is wrecked. The crash wasn't my fault, but of course insurance says it was. Its gonna cost me quite a bit of money, all of my CRH money, and pretty much my whole silver stash :/. I currently am not working, because I'm focusing on school. So I don't know when I'll get the money back, and idk when I'll be able to start hunting again. So this is fairwell for now, but I will be back once I figure out a way to get my bank roll rolling again. And don't worry, no one was injured in the crash. HH all! Dig up that AG!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Going to the dealership tomorrow to stop the car down looking for the other hundo and my sunglasses

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Omega, really sorry to hear of your Misfortune. I would be so upset to have to spend my bankroll and cash in my stash. Hope you figure out a way to minimize the pain. Good luck. Here in NY they would try to hang the Beemer dude. Pull his phone records for sure.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I really hope so haha, thanks.

And they cant legually get cell phone records for things like this:/ but well see how it all works out

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the insurance lady said they're gonna talk to both parties and figure out a claim. To do this they will use the state laws of California which state that any car pulling out onto a mail road, or any busier road that the joining road, is liable. So this could go 2 ways, one they find the other driver at fault, which they should!! or I will be at fault. If I'm at fault, I will have to pay 500 deductible, plus a huge increase on my insurance per month (Which will be hard figuring I'm not working). I drive a dodge nitro. What happened...

I had just picked my sister up from her friends, who lives on a street called hollbrock or something like that. The speed limit on that street is 15mph. One end is a cola-sack, and the other side connects to a busier street called Madra. I was coming out of hollbrock, turning left onto mardra. I stopped at the stop sign, looked both ways, (noting there were no cars within 100 ft of me), and pulled out turning left. I made it about 30 ft away from where I was stopped at the stop sign before being rammed into by a BMW going 45+ with a driver who was on his phone!! Now of course he denies it, But I did get a glimpse of his face for the split second before he hit me, no eyes. I didn't see his eyes. So he rammed into me, his car is most likely totaled, and mine might be. The fishiest things followed, after calming my 12 year old sister down, I went to examine the scene, no skid marks what-so-ever. Ok... hmmm... I just took a BMW flying into my arm at 45 miles an hour without any breaking-- great. Secondly, as my dad pointed out, he asked me and my sister if we were okay about 15 times each. You think one or two times would be good... hmmmm. His friend showed up about 8 minutes after the collision... Weird because he spend the first 5 minutes after the collision looking for his phone he "lost" in his car when it happened. I find it hard to believe that his friend could come pick him up in 2 minutes after getting the call (Maybe he was on the phone before hand. hmmm). Lastly he kept saying "**** my cars totaled, guess I'll have to get a new one" and then asked me if I had insurance a few times. You think he would have other things to deal with at this time than getting a new car. hmmmmm.....

Curious what you guys think. Sorry if it doesn't make scense haha, hit my head a little :P

Well see what the insurance lady says tomorrow.

Sounds like your saying insurance company is saying you failed yielding right of way.

Under any states law i have lived in anytime any car is entering a busier highway that has no traffic signal or 4 way stop always yields right of way and is responsible if there is accident...

Hope you get the outcome in your favor....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember only charter members can sell here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you're back soon, and you can CRH cents for now and look under the coinstar machines (which yields a few silver pieces a year).

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really sorry that this happened to you. Did the police come? Here is Louisiana I think the police report determines who was at fault; I was involved in a wreck last month and when the officer was writing the accident report he stated that I wasn't at fault and the report would reflect this. Good luck with everything!

So the insurance lady said they're gonna talk to both parties and figure out a claim. To do this they will use the state laws of California which state that any car pulling out onto a mail road, or any busier road that the joining road, is liable. So this could go 2 ways, one they find the other driver at fault, which they should!! or I will be at fault. If I'm at fault, I will have to pay 500 deductible, plus a huge increase on my insurance per month (Which will be hard figuring I'm not working). I drive a dodge nitro. What happened...

I had just picked my sister up from her friends, who lives on a street called hollbrock or something like that. The speed limit on that street is 15mph. One end is a cola-sack, and the other side connects to a busier street called Madra. I was coming out of hollbrock, turning left onto mardra. I stopped at the stop sign, looked both ways, (noting there were no cars within 100 ft of me), and pulled out turning left. I made it about 30 ft away from where I was stopped at the stop sign before being rammed into by a BMW going 45+ with a driver who was on his phone!! Now of course he denies it, But I did get a glimpse of his face for the split second before he hit me, no eyes. I didn't see his eyes. So he rammed into me, his car is most likely totaled, and mine might be. The fishiest things followed, after calming my 12 year old sister down, I went to examine the scene, no skid marks what-so-ever. Ok... hmmm... I just took a BMW flying into my arm at 45 miles an hour without any breaking-- great. Secondly, as my dad pointed out, he asked me and my sister if we were okay about 15 times each. You think one or two times would be good... hmmmm. His friend showed up about 8 minutes after the collision... Weird because he spend the first 5 minutes after the collision looking for his phone he "lost" in his car when it happened. I find it hard to believe that his friend could come pick him up in 2 minutes after getting the call (Maybe he was on the phone before hand. hmmm). Lastly he kept saying "**** my cars totaled, guess I'll have to get a new one" and then asked me if I had insurance a few times. You think he would have other things to deal with at this time than getting a new car. hmmmmm.....

Curious what you guys think. Sorry if it doesn't make scense haha, hit my head a little :P

Well see what the insurance lady says tomorrow.

AND GET THIS! So after I picked my sister up, I was headed home to drop her off, and then going to pick up 2 boxes of halfs from BOA. So naturally I had 10 $100.00 bills in the car to pay for the boxes. When we collided, all my money got thrown up into the air of the car, so after I safely pulled the car over to the side of the road. I made sure my sister was okay and told her to get out of the car. The I grabbed the money. I found 7 hundreds in the car..... and 2 hundreds outside of the car where he hit me. (I drive with the windows down. The other hundo is still MIA. I hope it shows up :/ that about a tenth of my bank roll :/. Just thought I'd share that too :P thanks for all the goodluck wishes and such guys

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really sorry that this happened to you. Did the police come? Here is Louisiana I think the police report determines who was at fault; I was involved in a wreck last month and when the officer was writing the accident report he stated that I wasn't at fault and the report would reflect this. Good luck with everything!

I missed the other posts about the cops not writing a report. It's crazy how laws can vary in different states.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Found the other hundo. Now I'm waiting to see if they liable the car as totaled

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
image-85150875.jpg

image-3340599137.jpg

They declared the car as totaled and are giving up 13,500. That's great because we only paid 17,000 for the car 6 years ago haha. Still very thankful no one was hurt. I may be able to keep my bankroll up. Well know in a week or so. HH all and thanks for your support.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
You're car is more beat up then theirs. Definitely happy noone was hurt, glad you're getting something out of it.
PS: love the nitros.

image-845651742.jpg

We got two!(my driveway)
Wicka

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
happened to me too a few weeks ago, the whole side is smashed in but it still drives fine! no way I'm putting any money into it. why spend all your money getting the car fixed, get a $400 beater and get on your way. people spend way too much money on automobiles like they think they have to or something

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting a 13,000 dollar SUV like an explorer, escape, 4runner, Durango or something along those lines. Tbh my dad gets to choose. The nitro was his. And he's gonna have this car for 8 more years after I leave for college next year so he's got to like it more than me :P

I like the double nitro power! Now you just need a silver one! Haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread