5000 pennies no wheats, and more bad luck and wierdness on halves

boflexson

Jan 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Last night I picked up a box of halfs I ordered and the teller said she had another 10 rolls as well, so I took them to.
the box was a skunk, that makes two skunk boxes in a row. I then opened up the 10 extra rolls and found 2 90%ers. so it's not a total loss.

I also picked up a bag of pennies from a small bank, they had an old counter machine, so it didn't look like a place that someone would dump their coins at.

I went through all 5000 pennies last night, found a dozen canadian pennies. but not 1 penny older than 1959. ARG ARG
my crappy luck continues.

-Adam

Upvote 0

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a bummer. In 2.5 years of searching wheat bags I've only had one bag that did not contain a single wheat cent. The bag I'm currently going through has yielded 6 so far including a 1921-S.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you hit a machine where a penny roll hunter dumped their rejects.

OP
OP
B

boflexson

Jan 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
It must have been a dump off, but the machine looked old, like it would take a while. When I bought I figured that there is no way someone would dump off at this bank.

It could just be my crappy luck lately as I've been striking out on halfs as well.

Fruitbat

Sep 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I had pretty much the same thing happen to me last week. I went to a bank that I usually don't go to and ask if I could buy 2 boxes of pennies. The Teller said "Sure I just happen to have that much right here" I got about half way through the first box and noticed 2 things. 1- I had not found one wheatie and 2- all the wrappers had account # on them. I guess someone else had already gone thruogh them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread