First 50 cent CRH

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by a branch of my bank on Saturday and while there asked if they had any halves. The head teller said she did but they were locked up and she couldn't get to them ... 'come back Monday'. So Monday's 'catch' was 15 CWR $10 rolls.

1 - 1967
1 - 2002D
1 - 2005P
1 - SBA 1$

Also filled in a number of common clad dates in our collection.
It's a decent start.

Definitely noticed a high percentage of 'D' mintmarks here (Texas). That's true of all coin types, but the percentage is way higher on these halves. I suppose that's because of the more limited circulation of halves?

BTW, is there a direct relationship for which mint supplies each of the Federal Reserve Banks? For example, would all new coinage for the FRB in Dallas come from Denver?

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard and always believed this was correct (but have never actually verified it to be definitely true): The Denver mint services all areas West of the Mississippi and the Philly mint takes care of all on the East side of the Mississippi.

I know here in Arkansas, new coins are always from the Denver mint.

OP
OP
G

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, Arkansas is in the St. Louis FRB district. That region straddles the Mississippi.

I was wondering if each of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks received its new coinage from a specific mint.

If Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas, Minneapolis, and San Francisco are assigned to the Denver Mint, then the remaining 6 districts (Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Richmond, Atlanta) could be assigned to the Philly Mint and the split would be an even 6 districts for each mint ... but I don't know if that is how it works.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I really don't know, but I suppose that might be true. I was 6 when I left Chicago, so I don't know what mintmarks the coins had.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread