best find after following another crher

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went out looking solely for crw/teller tray halves-
And bank after bank I was just behind soneone who just picked up all they had- this was seriously like 10 banks in a row- arrgghh- then I hit one I dont normally go to and the teller said she had $2 worth- and as shes pulling them out I can see no silver- so im thinking well atleast I beat the other guy here- then the drivethru teller says hey I think theres a bunch back in the vault- so my teller says to hold on and shell go check- she comes back and says $370 worth so of course I say ill take them all- then a guy who I assume is the manager or vault manager or someone higher than just a teller comes up and asks if im searching for silver- I play dumb and just say naw im just looking for a project for my girls to do- he then says oh ok because these where dropped off by someone who was looking for silver so I didnt want to waste your time- the teller then brings them out in a quarter box and takes them out to count them-(this is important for the ending of the story- so she takes them out top to bottom the puts them back in reverse- so the ones she pulled out 1st are now on the bottom where the bottom one are now on top-
So I get home not thinking im going find anythin when in the 2nd roll theres a '66 and its a very shiny rimmed 40% so I think to myself hmmm maybe the last guy didnt know about 40%- so 2 more rolls and another 40% and then another and another so now im thinking ya the last guy didnt know about 40's so I hit 5 40% in the 1st 15 rolls then about 5 more rolls and I hit a '62 Ben so now im thinking ok theres no way these have already been searched- so im about halfway theough and really hoping to hit some more but that was it-
So heres what im thinking the guy vault teller or someone else there had searched the top half of the rolls in the box and taken the silver but hadnt got to the bottom half of the box before I got there- I dont know for sure but its my best find in crw or mrw at 1 time
$370 = 5 40% and 1 90% '62

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Upvote 0

Rocket7

Oct 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Russ! Awesome score, you still in the midst of the streak?

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Russ! Awesome score, you still in the midst of the streak?

It came to an end last week at 92 boxes- NO im not kidding-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking that not all of the coins were brought in by the same person. Rolls originally on top were put on top of other rolls.
HH
enamel7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions