Nice non-coin (but coin-related) find to start the day

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This city is full of "Little Free Libraries" Little Free Library  - Home - little wooden mini-bookshelves out on the sidewalk, where you can take & leave free books. Normally they are full of old titles people couldn't sell at their garage sales, but every so often you'll find something pretty cool.

This morning I was at a meeting across town and saw one of these libraries on my way back to my car. I walked over to see what was in it, and was surprised to see a coin album. It was the 2nd Jefferson album, which we already have full at home, but I figured hey, why not pick up another? Then I kept looking and found 3 more coin albums - The 1st series Lincoln cents, Indian Head cents, and the first Roosevelt dime album - which I had been planning on buying for my silver dime collection, but just hadn't got to the coin shop yet. The IH and Roosevelt albums are nice old ones from the late 1960's, which gives them an added vintage coolness factor in my book.

No, there weren't any coins in them. But there obviously were at some point. (Maybe they dumped them at a local bank and I'll find some of them!) But even without the coins, it was a fun way to start a Friday.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread