Strange Beautiful...with your majestic silver halves....

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Paraphrasing a little of guitar god Jimi Hendrix.

At LEAST I got some stuff. And this was a variety box. Kinda like a variety show, but without a drunken Dean Martin introducing the next act.

Firstly, I found 2 silver halves peeking out at me from the ends of a couple of rolls out in the parking lot of the bank. One roll had a single 1964 on the end, the other had a pair of 40% halves in it.

The grand total for silver was:

(1) 1964 90%
(7) 1966-1968 40%
44t96w0.jpg

I also got a single 1985-S proof. It had some kinda stain marks on the obverse I could not rub off, so oh well.
2zpi91x.jpg

I also got a total of 13 2004-P and D halves and a single 2003-P, all in lightly circulated uncirculated condition.

2m3mbs7.jpg

And now for the opposite end of the spectrum.....I got a whole bunch of really messed up halves. Stained, corroded, beat up, run over, and all of them generally in the poorest of condition. I proudly present them for your inspection.

BEHOLD!!!!

KRAP!!! ;D

2mplcu9.jpg

The one in the upper right corner is a 1971-D. I just found out yesterday that the Denver Mint accidentally struck some 40% silver halves in 1971 & 1977. This COULD be one of those....but it is so destroyed that I am not gonna even bother with it. It is going to suffer that most pedestrian of fates for a coin....it will be SPENT!!!! ;D
2cdwghd.jpg

Funky green patina on the reverse, contrasting with the red corrosion around the edge provide a myriad of colors in PANAVISON! 8)
2ltfzgn.jpg

Here is the reigning king of dead halves out of this bunch. A 1976-P (no mint) Bicentennial half. Notice the disgusting color. The flaky-looking obverse.
Marvel at the fact that you can barely even tell there is a profile view of an ex-president on the front at all. :o
This is ONE $%*$%*%$ed up Kennedy Half!!! :D
2lx7d49.jpg

I can reasonably assume this to be a successful box. I retire for the evening, having performed my fiduciary function to the best of my abilities.

Until next week.....Happy Hunting everyone! This is WJFK signing off.......
;D

Upvote 0

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Looks like they were burnt! I get some funny coins like that sometimes too.... I wonder if people do that on purpose to mark them so they know if they are getting the same coins.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey pass that over here :o ;D 8)

Smithrow1

Aug 2, 2006
Every once in a while I get some realy messed up halfs. Most of the time you find mieesed up cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread