Standing Liberty Quarter

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I read every now an then someone finding a barber dime or barber quarter. But has anyone (maybe metal detectors) found a standing liberty quarter in the wild while CRH? It was issued in the period between the barber qtr and Washington qtr. The date field would wear down quickly over the years, and the coin itself would look very unusual among other coins.

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I remeber someone once getting a pretty worn one (arent the majority of them lol) cant remember if it was teller tray or bag or rolled though

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read every now an then someone finding a barber dime or barber quarter. But has anyone (maybe metal detectors) found a standing liberty quarter in the wild while CRH? It was issued in the period between the barber qtr and Washington qtr. The date field would wear down quickly over the years, and the coin itself would look very unusual among other coins.

:coffee2: I've found 3 in bank reject chutes over the years while doing dumps. 2 were dateless but 1 was a 1929 "S". That was a nice find for sure.

HH
Gary

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yes check out my thread i started response number 226

it was in a bank roll

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/151323-end-roll-finds-12.html

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one from a change machine at the laundry about 15 years ago. It was dateless.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure does count!
Was that the only one with a date? Seems when they're dug from MDing they have dates more often
HH
Wicka
That was the only dated coin. The design put the date on a high spot causing it to quickly wear. Except for one dug in a yard, they all came from older parks.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Even tho it doesn't count, I've dug five in three years, one dated 1920 S.

Sure does count!
Was that the only one with a date? Seems when they're dug from MDing they have dates more often
HH
Wicka

I would definitely say that metal det digging would be the best way to find a dated one in good or better shape.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a dateless slick Standing Liberty in a reject tray a couple of months ago.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only one came from under my coil a few years ago. 1918-S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread