Yeah I know this will come off as being a.......

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but do all hobby websites get these same type of questions?

Do fantasy football websites have the "so what is football" questions?
If I join the NRA website, should my first post be "so what kind of gun should I buy?"
Do cooking pages get people asking "what kind of recipes does everyone like?"

Yes we all started somewhere, but it points to how lazy our society is becoming....nobody can or even attempts to do any research/reading/heavy lifting and expects everything to just be handed to them.

Please know that this is not directed at ANYONE. This is just an observation of what I have seen on this website over the past year or so (even before I joined).

Maybe there is a way to limit what brand new members can post? Maybe as part of the sign-up process new members should be asked to read the beginners guide? Just thinking out loud here, maybe I am in the minority.

Anyways I have a big CRH road trip planned tomorrow, I hope to have some nice finds to share!

HH everyone.

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate those type of posts. I mean for crying out loud, at least try to find the answer for yourself.

The only thing worse than those type posts are the ones where someone complains about something they can easily ignore.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might remind that TreasureNet owns all forums, the purpose of this forum like any forum is the sharing of info... As long as topic and language is within our rules new members can post any questions they wish.. If you find you dont like a post, do like you do with your TV and change the channel....

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate those type of posts. I mean for crying out loud, at least try to find the answer for yourself.

The only thing worse than those type posts are the ones where someone complains about something they can easily ignore.

And I guess the only thing worse that that is the guy who complains about the complainer? :laughing7: Its all good...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are absolutely correct - you did come off as being an a.....

Take it easy on the new guys.

It's much easier to just point them toward the sticky threads than to pretend you're not talking about them and then go off on a condescending rant about how lazy they are for not reading every post on the entire forum before asking a simple question.

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am certain all forums have those type of questions. I was surprised to see how many were in the beginner's guide. Maybe being a noob is a new trend? HH

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it can be annoying but we've all done it before

I actually agree with joe here- when I started and joined this site I read through so many posts and then found the begginers guide and read through it- and then I asked questions that I hadnt found through all my reading- some where fairly noobie questions about dumps and such but still I did some work-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"...for not reading every post on the entire forum before asking a simple question."

Lets be honest - when someone asks "hey whats crh?" They haven't read ANY post, tbey didnt look at the stickies, and they clearly didnt even read the explanation at the top of this very page...."a great way to find old coins is by purchasing rolls of coins from a bank....."

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about any other questions but, I will agree that if you join us here and then decide to ask " Hey, what is CRHing", I mean come on, how can you join a sight about something in particular and then ask what it is, you should allready have an interest in what site you join, kinda like walking into a dealership and asking what a car is. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forum: Coin Roll Hunting
A great way to find old coins is to purchase rolls of coins from banks. Misstrikes, silver, proof, even rare coins can be found. Post your "Roll Hunting" experiences and questions here!

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any question is fine with me and doesn't bother me the least bit. I like to be helpful when I can (which isn't very often). If a question is repeated a lot or seems too obvious I figure they will figure it out on their own and I move on.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
but do all hobby websites get these same type of questions?

Do fantasy football websites have the "so what is football" questions?
If I join the NRA website, should my first post be "so what kind of gun should I buy?"
Do cooking pages get people asking "what kind of recipes does everyone like?"

These sound like some pretty good ideas, I'm going to register for a fantasy football forum and ask that question, register on the NRA forum and ask that question, and register on some food forum and ask that question. When I get some replies I'll post the links.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's all just part of the deal. Usually the poster gets the point based on the sarcastic answers and does a bit of research before posting again

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These sound like some pretty good ideas, I'm going to register for a fantasy football forum and ask that question, register on the NRA forum and ask that question, and register on some food forum and ask that question. When I get some replies I'll post the links.

hahaha so this is really just a never ending loop! a chainletter that started somewhere

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good time to bump this.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011