Wearing out my welcome?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go once a week.

Sometimes if it's a really good box, I go back and bring coins in exchange to help if I have a relationship with them. "I found some good coins for my collection in a box with this number, do you have any with that number? I brought some unopened boxes to trade them out because I'm a nerd."

That way they're not short boxes for businesses and they're not mad at you.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at the banks often enough for work that I don't even have to ask for halves anymore-they just know to count them up when I walk in.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit em up when ever im in the area- start bringing treats and you wont wear out your welcome that I can guarantee- and like others said theyll just start gathering the halves and ikes and such up to give you as soon as they see ya

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never stop in more than once a week, per bank. that's usually enough to catch any good coins

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't frequent a bank other than my friendly banks more than once every 2-3 weeks.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to my pickup bank and I go to one of my dump banks once a week. I only have 1 pickup bank because they are the only bank that will let me buy boxes, and the other banks only let me buy a few rolls. Happy hunting!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to my pickup bank and I go to one of my dump banks once a week. I only have 1 pickup bank because they are the only bank that will let me buy boxes, and the other banks only let me buy a few rolls. Happy hunting!

that's rough man. are you in a rural area? I'm pretty rural, but I can find banks if I drive a bit. I am jealous of people who live in central NJ. There's like 5 banks on every block for miles and miles in every direction

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There aren't any banks in the town I live in. We have to drive a town over to go to the bank. The one my mom has to go to the most is my pickup bank, but there are 5 other banks and they won't sell me boxes. 2 of them have coin counting machines so I use them to dump. The only thing I ask for at the other 3 other banks is half dollars and large dollars.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There aren't any banks in the town I live in. We have to drive a town over to go to the bank. The one my mom has to go to the most is my pickup bank, but there are 5 other banks and they won't sell me boxes. 2 of them have coin counting machines so I use them to dump. The only thing I ask for at the other 3 other banks is half dollars and large dollars.

well keep at it! after you build your bankroll up you may want to start increasing your searching by going beyond the banks. order cards that have you name and email and tell people what you buy and how much for, start handing them out at the gas stations and stuff like that. get creative!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread