Pamp Suisse Gold

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry but I don't know (or can't find) if there is a sub-forum for gold but I know my CRH friends are well educated...

I got 3 - 1 gram Pamp Suisse Gold Bars and two look the same and one is a bit different.

On the two, the serial number is above the Pamp Suisse logo (see below)

image-4090529940.jpg

On the third one the serial number is below the Pamp Suisse logo and contains a letter (see below)

image-3137974168.jpg

The only other thing I noticed is the image of Lady Fortuna is a bit smaller on the two when compared to the third (see below)

*smaller Lady Fortuna
image-3801073832.jpg

*larger Lady Fortuna
image-2842635617.jpg

I don't doubt their authenticity (unless you think I should) but I never knew they had slight variations...anybody know details that can help me rest assured they are 100% legitimate?

Coin roll hunting has been slow lately...but I did buy this gold with the profits from selling copper pennies...to me...it was free gold!!!

HH

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish I knew the answer to your question, but alas I do not. however I'm starting to become convinced I should sell some silver and buy some gold

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
wish I knew the answer to your question, but alas I do not. however I'm starting to become convinced I should sell some silver and buy some gold

Do it! I have gotten a number of smaller bars (1g, 2.5g, 5g, and 10g) over the years and they are just beautiful tiny pieces of art!!!

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My LCS recently received a number of counterfeit 10 oz silver bars. He wrote an article that's on coinflation dot com.
Even slabbed coins are being counterfeited, so well they are getting past dealers.
Most of what I buy now comes from the US Mint, otherwise, be careful and keep an eye on weights, dimensions, etc.

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing I would check for is to make sure the serial numbers are not made up of tiny dots. I see a couple of these a month and they are counterfeit. I also pull all my pamp bars out of the package and weight and measure them (these are ones I buy from individuals. Ones from large bullion houses I leave in the package). I would say 1 out 25 that I see are not authentic.

Hope that helps

Cheers - Koffee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread