I see we now have Ads?!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mozilla Firefox Web Browser ? Free Download ? mozilla.org

+

https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

by the way, I have an automated webbot that automaticly clicks advertisements, so if you moderators are wondering if you will loose any revenue by me telling this the answere is no. I'm the reason why as many people as there are have clicked the ads already, therefore more revenue for t-net.

The ads are for the people just visiting the site, when you log in under a user name you do not see the ads....

It has to be an issue with the phone providers as the majority of us are not seeing any ads with our phones or desktop pc....

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I upgraded my IPhone firmware to IOS 7 yesterday, and the ads started. Don't have them on my PC or my Android phone. I use ATT wireless on the I Phone. I use the Tnet APP.

Wayne

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I upgraded my IPhone firmware to IOS 7 yesterday, and the ads started. Don't have them on my PC or my Android phone. I use ATT wireless on the I Phone. I use the Tnet APP.

Wayne

Sounds like the upgrade is causing...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Logged in the ads I see are solely at the top and they're always there?There is one for Pure Water now. They don't bother me enough to pay to be a member here though.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Logged in the ads I see are solely at the top and they're always there?There is one for Pure Water now. They don't bother me enough to pay to be a member here though.

Are you talking of what you're seeing while logged in on your PC? I'm seeing "Pigeon Forge Cabin Rentals"...it's because I've been searching cabins in the Smoky Mountains to rent. I know one time before, one our members asked why he kept seeing "Women Ads", Adm quoted back it depends on what you were looking @ on the WWW.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you talking of what you're seeing while logged in on your PC? I'm seeing "Pigeon Forge Cabin Rentals"...it's because I've been searching cabins in the Smoky Mountains to rent. I know one time before, one our members asked why he kept seeing "Women Ads", Adm quoted back it depends on what you were looking @ on the WWW.

Pat I'm logged in on my ipad but now I'm seeing ads for Kellyco detectors at the top. I'm laughing at the "Women's. ads" though,lol.The ads don't bother me though.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Normal T-net users (members, charter members) have reported seeing the ads. The only people who have not seen the ads, were the mods (treasure-hunter, the rat guy, ect). I have a solution, promote every single member to moderator, and promote the existing moderators to admins.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see ads. I'm logged in on an iPhone without data plan and without the latest software update. It's something on Treasurenet's end.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isnt on TN end, or we would all be seeing it... I have check using my smart phone, wifes smart phone and a friends smart phone all 3 android on verison and no adds on any.... There is also no ads on my Desktop RiverRat has also checking using her phone and pc and seeing no Ads ....

Are you sure your phone wasnt upgraded on its on....Many times cariers will push an upgrade down with out you knowing it...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normal T-net users (members, charter members) have reported seeing the ads. The only people who have not seen the ads, were the mods (treasure-hunter, the rat guy, ect). I have a solution, promote every single member to moderator, and promote the existing moderators to admins.

If everyone was seeing it we would be flooded with reports and we are not......

What phones are seeing it, are any android, and what carrier are you on?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im android and verizon, no ads on the 3 phones I checked... All are android and all are verizon....

I even checked using the stock phone ap and none there either.... I use tapatalk normally since it is far surperior phone ap...

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FYI, "The Rat Guy" is a Southern Belle...in other words "Girls Raised In The South" (Grits).

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have the ads. Mostly for Kellyco. I'm on my ipad

image-3843789325.jpg

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have then on my iPad after the new OS up date. Any fix yet

Last edited:

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the ads when logged in on my iPhone (Verizon service). I do not see them on my laptop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions