CRH as a hobby could be DOOMED

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Was talking the other day with a guy from our church, who works for Cummings office equipment/coin counting machines. He knows I CHR for AG. He said that Cummings has just come out with a large coin counting machine that could extract SILVER. If that's the case, all banks & coin handling vendors will end our hopes & dreams of this hobby we love all too well. Your comments and suggestions

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give up now and starting knitting! HH There are so many plays out there to cull at face value, all you have to do is read and learn... Start by reading the book "Acres of Diamonds". You never know.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all true. In fact, if you get more than 5 skunks in a row your best off quitting. Word is, a central portion of Obama care calls for the use of colloidal silver in the treatment of ALL illnesses, hence the government wanting to remove it all from circulation. Next time you are dumping, look out for a pasty looking man in a black suit staring with dead eyes at the coin counting machine. If you see him, don't make eye contact......

I've already said too much. Stay safe out there.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all true. In fact, if you get more than 5 skunks in a row your best off quitting. Word is, a central portion of Obama care calls for the use of colloidal silver in the treatment of ALL illnesses, hence the government wanting to remove it all from circulation. Next time you are dumping, look out for a pasty looking man in a black suit staring with dead eyes at the coin counting machine. If you see him, don't make eye contact......

I've already said too much. Stay safe out there.
Did you hear that the human smurf died? Look up Paul karason... :-(

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please point to the appropriate law which would in theory make this "illegal".

Couriers are not going to risk multi million dollar contracts for a little silver. They simply will not do it. Now, if the bank asks them to, that's a different story.

Look, fellas, the ammount if silver in circulation is MINISCULE compared to the massive quantity of printed cash pumped out by fed gov. You all are chasing your tails with this courier cullinng nonsense.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this posted on another website I'm on... It keeps me hunting...

4,233,725 40% silver Kennedy half dollars (1965 - 1969) would still be left in circulation if 99.5% of them have already been found and/or melted.

Four million, two hundred and thirty-three thousand, seven hundred and twenty five.

So when someone tells me "why are you searching for silver halves when 99.5% of them have been found/melted already," I'll say "great, then there are still 4.2 million left for me to find."

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw this posted on another website I'm on... It keeps me hunting...

4,233,725 40% silver Kennedy half dollars (1965 - 1969) would still be left in circulation if 99.5% of them have already been found and/or melted.

Four million, two hundred and thirty-three thousand, seven hundred and twenty five.

So when someone tells me "why are you searching for silver halves when 99.5% of them have been found/melted already," I'll say "great, then there are still 4.2 million left for me to find."

I've read that somewhere else too haha. I like it :P

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I have understood it, the carriers DO NOT own the coins, there for they can not cull anything at all period, this has come up several times over the years. HH, Maverick.

I have heard this since I've been here, but over the years I have come to not believe it. Its not cost-effective, nor does it pass the "common-sense" detector.

What I believe happens - what makes sense to me - is that essentially the couriers count and then buy the coins from the banks. Then they sort and reroll said coins into boxes to sell to other banks. I have bought MANY bags of coins off coin counters. Most of these bags have had the banks' deposit info already filled out. Without fail, every single one was made out for deposit into The Federal Reserve Bank. Not Brinks, not Loomis, but the Fed. Now, we all know that the coins do not get shipped back to the Fed. Therefore, I believe that the couriers count the coins, and then make a deposit in that amount into that particular bank's account at the Fed, thereby essentially "buying" the coins. They then reroll/rebox and start all over. That makes sense. Having separate vaults for every banks' coins does not. Having to sort and reroll every banks' coins separately does not. If the couriers merely "held" the coins for the banks, there would be no reason to deposit them into the Fed in the first place.

While its naive to say that no coin courier employees have ever culled some silver, I do not believe the companies will do it for company profit (unless the price of silver really skyrockets) as it likely would not be cost-effective. However, we all know some coin counters reject most to all silver - not as an intentional act, but a by-product of rejecting non-U.S. coin items. It would be very naive to think that some of the big industrial machines that the couriers use do not do the same.

Search out some of jrf30's previous comments about something similar. I certainly believe what he had to say as he gains nothing by lying. I also remember another poster from years ago that ran a smelting business (jewelerdave or something like that maybe. Not sure on that one but someone will remember). He said the guys that worked in the local Loomis facility were selling him silver that they "swapped out" all the time. Again, I believe that story as well. Maybe I'm the naive one, but I don't think so.

Some of you that have those huge skunk streaks may live in an area where the coin couriers' machines either purposely or inadvertently reject silver. In fact, I'd say its likely.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
All the different banks that I use send their bagged coin, be it machine counted or customer rolls sent out loose, to one local "mother" bank, bags labeled (Comerica). Not sure if that is a Fed reserve branch or just a ficticious name.

Wonder whatever happened to 'ol Jeweler dave. If I remember right, he was producing his own gold and silver coins for resale.

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Search out some of jrf30's previous comments about something similar. I certainly believe what he had to say as he gains nothing by lying. I also remember another poster from years ago that ran a smelting business (jewelerdave or something like that maybe. Not sure on that one but someone will remember). He said the guys that worked in the local Loomis facility were selling him silver that they "swapped out" all the time. Again, I believe that story as well. Maybe I'm the naive one, but I don't think so.

Yep, jewelerdave. Crazy how these same subjects keep coming up year after year.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not that crazy, if you think about it.

I still want the specific law that states coin curriers cannot "swap"/cull coins.

I would imagine it's just like workers at the mints. They have to have empty pockets when they go in or be accused of stealing. They don't own the money, just wrap it. Several years back they shut the Denver mint down for a few months due to workers carrying out error coins and selling them to dealers at huge payouts. Lot of folks got fired.

CRH

Nov 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
doubt it will hapen soon :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread