Too New

UNCoin

Nov 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've recently stumbled upon the idea of CRH and found this forum. Any advice that people may have would be greatly appreciated. I've browsed around a few of the threads, good to see so many people have an interest in it. I'm going to be hunting in Greensboro, NC and the surrounding area. I've gravitated toward penny rolls but I see silver, and half dollars in particular, are quite popular. Do people have trouble justifying the time spent on pennies? Are they able to get rid of the copper value easy? Don't haze me too much! :wave:

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the beginner's guide. Most of your questions will be answered there.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
For the life of me I can't seem to get rid of the 100 fv of copper I've culled. I definitely don't think they are worth it personally. Go big or go home, halfs all the way.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper cents do not seem to be selling as well right now as they were a couple of years ago. It wasn't that long ago they would sell pretty easily in the 1.5-1.6 cent each range. Right now it seems to be about 1.25 cents each. When the price of copper rises again in the future and/or there is serious talk of lifting the melt ban on cents, the price will rise. Just when that will be is anyone's guess.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Copper cents do not seem to be selling as well right now as they were a couple of years ago. It wasn't that long ago they would sell pretty easily in the 1.5-1.6 cent each range. Right now it seems to be about 1.25 cents each. When the price of copper rises again in the future and/or there is serious talk of lifting the melt ban on cents, the price will rise. Just when that will be is anyone's guess.

A longggg time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions