Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
So I'm in this grocery store walking by the frozen food section and I notice there's a stack of about 6 Ikes just chillin' there. So I pick them up and put them in my hoodie pocket. Then I notice there's another Ike blocking what appears to be a circular water drain. I grab that one, too. As I look around, I start to notice this section is full of random coins! I move one of the frozen food items over to reveal about four rolls of quarters in clear wrap. One of the rolls had an ender that looked like a standing liberty, but instead of Lady Liberty it was a zombie! :laughing9: This coin was definitely a keeper! I tried to rim check the quarters real quick, but was cut off just as I started by an store associate walking by. After the coast was clear, my wife walks up to me with a dime roll and I pull out a coin that has a back very similar to a barber dime or older. :hello2: I stuff the entire roll in my hoodie pocket without looking at the rest. By the time three associates walked up and questioned us, I had some pretty fat pockets...haha. "What are you guys doing with all those coins?" "Just looking. We were going to replace the ones we took with other ones." Then one guy says to the other guy, "Wallace is over in the other isle doing the same thing..." I see an opportunity so I say, "So if he's doing it then we should be good, right?" The head guy laughs and says "It doesn't work like that." Then I realize out loud "Oh, so you guys are boys, huh?" "Something like that." he replies. "Well, while we're waiting, do you care if we keep looking through these coins?" He replies "I think it's best if you just wait till my boss gets here..." At this point I'm contemplating how much these coins weigh, if I can make a run for it, what happens if I make a break for it and my wife just sits there - is it worth it? :laughing7: Then my alarm went off! :BangHead:

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 002.JPG