What is the single most interesting/valuable coin found while CRH?

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering what unlikely stuff is still out there in the wild. I haven't found anything very impressive as I don't do high volume. The best thing I have found was a half dollar that was struck partially out of the collar, making it half-broadstruck. It has a value of about $20. Still quite nice and interesting.

I'm interested in what you have found.

TypeCoin

Upvote 0

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so enamel17..u seriously found a 1916d merc while coin roll hunting!? i think that would qualify as a banner find given the value of that unit! sorry...i realize this is a very old post, and you might not even see this, im just a newb cruising thru the old threads waiting for the ground to thaw! IF you do happen to see this..get a pic up! would very much like to see that unit. one of the members of our MD club here in Ohio dug a 1916d merc last year...wow..i think he was making a video of that particular dig and since it was caked with dirt when he dug it he put it in his pouch and then didnt see the significance of the find til later. anyway--BACK to CRH..i did find a 43 merc last month..pocket fishing, got it back as change locally! thanks guys...very entertaining site-lots of great peeps, great finds, etc. keep up the great work

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok I know it's not that big of a find, but I found a 1920s buff in at least very good condition a while back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread