All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty lucky in this regard, as of right now anyway. My typical miles per week is around 15-20 miles.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 35 miles a week. That doesn't hurt - it's the time I have to take off from work to get to the banks before they close that hurts - I'm on a timeclock. Ouch, but I'm obsessed!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now since I'm not going hard on dimes I'd say its about 15-20 mpw- all my pick up banks are with in 5 miles of my house- the dumps are the further away- if/when I get back into dimes it'll jump up to 40-50 or so miles just cause ill be driving more on different days

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what my week looks like:
Doing around 8 boxes a week.
380-400mi between pickup and dumps.
Diesel: ~3.60/gal
Duramax-14.2MPG
Cost: ~$101.40 wk
Good thing this is a company truck! I pickup and dump on my weekly route. No fuel costs, just strategic planning!
HH!
BRChiver

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Currently I'm doing 12 boxes of halves per week and round trip including pickups and dumps I am traveling 9-10 miles total. Since most of my pickups are next to other stores that I go to every week anyway I actually only travel a total of about 3 miles round trip out of my way every week. Since my car gets 30 mpg this hobby virtually costs me nothing.
For reference, the one bank that I dump 4-8 boxes a week at is right around 300 yards from my front door. I've actually considered trying to build some sort of conveyor belt system that feeds directly from the lounge chair in my living room to their coin counter.

I used to spend a ton of time, gas, and miles trying to find that elusive random bank teller score. I've also wasted a bunch trying to get as many dime boxes as I can to increase my finds. I finally realized focusing on halves and volume is the only way to really successfully stack silver in this hobby for me.

I just got the actual mileage from google maps. It's exactly 15 miles total. I guess I underestimated a bit.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread