trucks

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at a very large nation wide bank when I saw the armored truck there. I know this bank has Loomis rolls but the truck didnt say Loomis. Then I was at another branch of the same bank and saw a DIFFERENT armored truck. This truck said Trinity, I believe, and I have gotten rolls that has that name on it from a smaller bank in town. Just when I thought I was understanding the game this comes along and blows my mind.

I dont want to dump my coins at a bank just to get the same coins back. Do you guys think that all the coins are getting mixed up when they are dumped? So its irrelevant if the roll says Brinks, Loomis or anything else if all the coins dumped are going to the same place to wait on the bank to make an order.

Upvote 0

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
They all get mixed up. We look through coin again and again. For example, I have a friend, I wont mention his name, but he spray painted a sh*t load of halfs, and dumped them. The next week, the boxes were full of them, but there was also silver in the box. Stop worrying about what coins you are looking at and start trying to figure out/ worry about how you can do more boxes. HH

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second what Omega says, a few months ago I marked $1000 in halves, and I live in a very populated area and believe it or not, I have not seen a single one of my marked coins since, I only do 2-6 boxes a week. Maybe if I upped the volume I would have found my marked coins by now. I expected to see them with a week or two but that hasn't happened.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
It's because the large vault that services your area had more halfs than they could hold and shipped them out to another district. HH

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's because the large vault that services your area had more halfs than they could hold and shipped them out to another district. HH

So maybe that is a good thing for me???

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
If I can find out what banks use which armored car service then I can use that to my advantage. I cant do 40 boxes a week because I dont have the time or the money so I need to be as efficient as I can be when im dumping my coins.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt with 3k, started with 100. And I have a nice Ag stack haha. They all get processed at the same place, so don't think to hard about it.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area at least they do not all get sorted at the same facility. I pay close attention to the services I pick up from and dump into

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen the Garda truck deliver brinks boxes to brinks supplied banks and right down the road, the same truck delivering garda boxes to a garda supplied box. I have also gotten a brinks half dollar box with garda rolls in it before and the rolls were not rewrapped dumps. I try not to think too hard about it, but in my area brinks is the way to go ;)

In my area at least they do not all get sorted at the same facility. I pay close attention to the services I pick up from and dump into

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I go with Brinks too because I dump in to a bank that has Loomis rolls but I pick my dimes up at another bank tbat has Trinity rolls because I dont like the clear plastic on dimes. I think there is too much temptation for the Brinks workers to cherry pick when stacking ths boxes. I mean I would if I cohld.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread