The TEN million dollar club

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't know that CRH was a contest, I thought it to be an enjoyable hobby. What the difference between a million $ in halfs vs pennies? I would take my hat off to the guy with pennies., he has checked a heck of a lot more pieces than the guy with halfs.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't know that CRH was a contest, I thought it to be an enjoyable hobby. What the difference between a million $ in halfs vs pennies? I would take my hat off to the guy with pennies., he has checked a heck of a lot more pieces than the guy with halfs.
You're right. It's a hobby, profit isn't the objective, the thrill of the hunt. And if I could have my option of getting 1 million $$ in any denomination it would be pennies. I love wheats and coppers more than any other denomination.
HH
Wicka

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right. It's a hobby, profit isn't the objective, the thrill of the hunt. And if I could have my option of getting 1 million $$ in any denomination it would be pennies. I love wheats and coppers more than any other denomination. HH Wicka
i prefer halves I like a fat knot in my wallet

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I'm trying to think of what kinds of special gob'ment lists people who do that kind of volume are on....

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me guess, the 100 million dollar club is next, followed by the billion dollar club, the 10 billion dollar club and the 100 billion dollar club?

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me guess, the 100 million dollar club is next, followed by the billion dollar club, the 10 billion dollar club and the 100 billion dollar club?
I wish. If I lived forever I'd shoot for a billion dawg

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
You're right. It's a hobby, profit isn't the objective, the thrill of the hunt. And if I could have my option of getting 1 million $$ in any denomination it would be pennies. I love wheats and coppers more than any other denomination.
HH
Wicka

Couldnt disagree more. We all are collectors on some level but we aren't collecting coins and silver for kicks. One day either yourself or a family member will cash in on the "thrill of the hunt" with cold hard cash.
Ive been able to pay off my car and buy my wifes 1.75 Karat diamond and platinum ring from crhing. Havent been hunting all these years just for the thrill although that doesn play a part in it since I love searching pennies which to some is a waste

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Couldnt disagree more. We all are collectors on some level but we aren't collecting coins and silver for kicks.

You're not speaking for me - I actually collect solely for kicks. I searched 4 boxes today and kept 2 halves that were holed, 3 that were stamped and 4 NIFC's, none of which carry any value. I was stoked to find the holed and stamped halves. If I had any interest whatsoever in making money here I'd buy a lawnmower instead of rolls of coins.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
You're not speaking for me - I actually collect solely for kicks. I searched 4 boxes today and kept 2 halves that were holed, 3 that were stamped and 4 NIFC's, none of which carry any value. I was stoked to find the holed and stamped halves. If I had any interest whatsoever in making money here I'd buy a lawnmower instead of rolls of coins.

Send me your address I have tons of holed, painted, impaired proofs, and stickered halves I can send you. Will save you the hastle of searching

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Send me your address I have tons of holed, painted, impaired proofs, and stickered halves I can send you. Will save you the hastle of searching
I have no interest in your holed coins or impaired proofs, I just like finding them. Searching them isn't a hassle for me. I enjoy it. I don't keep the painted or stickered halves.

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who here has searched over TEN million dollars in their coin rollin' career? I'm pretty sure I'm at above two million dollars right now.

If you did all half dollars that is 4000 boxes. Good for you.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
em and myself are neck & neck in competition. notorius ag/timzim were the only rivals we had to worry about but they are in retirement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions