Date with Ryedale tonight ;)

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Got my Ryedale and some stuff to run through it, should be fun! To bad 5 of those 10 dime boxes are brand new -_-. Lol jk, my friends having a party, so I may swing by that, and my family is going to get Christmas tree :D so idk when I'll be hunting these, but it will be fun!

IMG_8639.JPG

image-3287874277.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know the difference? I think the white wrappers are loomis in LA and the brown are Loomis in AZ. Please only reply to this if you know, thanks!!

image-954399711.jpg

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering what the thought process is behind running dimes rolls through the ryedale, sounds to me like unnecessary wear and tear. The time consuming part is opening the rolls, not edge checking! If you had a $1000 bag of dimes off a machine I would consider it - but not the rolls.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering what the thought process is behind running dimes rolls through the ryedale, sounds to me like unnecessary wear and tear. The time consuming part is opening the rolls, not edge checking! If you had a $1000 bag of dimes off a machine I would consider it - but not the rolls.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't see any benefit in using it with dimes - unless you want to do it in the dark. I guess you could save on your electric bill? But then you have to plug in the Ryedale. Probably a wash.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I strain my eyes enough looking at halfs, and the machine catches dimes I would have missed. I just wanted to meet my yearly goal, then I'll be back to just halfs and dimes.

silver seeker

Nov 12, 2013
California
Primary Interest:
Other
Too dangerous! Your exposing your self to robbery, its too obvious. People are going to think you have hundreds of thousands of $$ I wouldn't do it...

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
You must not watch the reject side...

All ten of the ih cents I've found, and probably 500-1000 wheats have all come out on the reject side (I've been doing this for a little while)

I do have the less expensive model though, but Andy sent me an upgraded comparer when I had trouble with the original one..

I always watch the reject side. That's where the best stuff comes out! For me anyway

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you test the dime wheel with a handful of clad and a couple silver mercs and Rosie's before relying I. It... Many have had issues with dimes not being sorted properly...myself included.

Last edited:

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a cart just like that once from Harbor Freight, had a teller drop some boxes of halves on it and literally caved it in half lol. So i made her keep handing them over the counter from then on, she kept asking if i would bring in a cart and i said NOPE, somebody broke my other one, and the only reason i bought it was to help them out =(. I got the other one from harbor freight that is made of aluminum and expands, i just leave it collapsed down for more durability and put a thin board on the bottom. The new cart is a house and very durable. That other girl still hands them over the counter though hehe.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a cart just like that once from Harbor Freight, had a teller drop some boxes of halves on it and literally caved it in half lol. So i made her keep handing them over the counter from then on, she kept asking if i would bring in a cart and i said NOPE, somebody broke my other one, and the only reason i bought it was to help them out =(. I got the other one from harbor freight that is made of aluminum and expands, i just leave it collapsed down for more durability and put a thin board on the bottom. The new cart is a house and very durable. That other girl still hands them over the counter though hehe.

Not the strongest but it does the job, I'm on my second one now lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread