the skunk that stole christmas

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weeks boxes all skunks- no christmas ag for me :( but thats not even the worst part-
Was at my fave dump branch today- they are always very friendly andndont give me any looks or scowls (at least not to my face lol) anyways this particular CU the tellers have been trained to basically close the bag in the machine before pulling it out(and I would learn later why) ive seen1 or 2 times when the teller couldnt get it closed inside so they had to pull it out of the machine to close and seal it- well today was of those times- as she pulled it out I saw midway through the bag several very white shiny rims- I jumped and asked her if before she.closed it I could look at some of them cause i might have seen some I neede for my collection - as shes tearing the plastic strip off of the sticky stuff she shakes her head and said that they used to let people dig through them but then people where taking advantage and taking handfuls and the tellers were having hard time with it so no more- ugh as she flung it on the cart there were several more shiny white 64 kens and some bens right on the bottom- again ugh maybe theyll be in one of my boxes the next couple weeks

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry to hear about the back luck lately. And that must be tough seeing that silver so close after dumping all your skunk boxes. Hope some of that silver shows up in some on your next boxes like u said.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Russell, ah yes, the Silver that got away, we all hate that feeling, I have a teller at 1 of my pick up banks that I just can't stand ( she doesn't know it), every time I come in to pick up my boxes ( not from her, the vault teller who is very cool) she comes over to the window with a hand full of something Silver ( this week it was a roll of freakin Quarters) that came in and she got to snag for face value, so I totally get the feeling of it just walking away from you, it sucks, but won't be the last time unfortunately. HH, Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
You're a mean one

MR SKUNK

You're a FOWL ONE

MR SKUNK

dawgs, tomorrow i am going to turn the entire mr.grinch song into mr. skunk just for the holidays.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a mean one

MR SKUNK

You're a FOWL ONE

MR SKUNK

dawgs, tomorrow i am going to turn the entire mr.grinch song into mr. skunk just for the holidays.

Ya I was thinking the same thing 50- ill see what you come up with since youre the pro

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GAH! That is terrible! I guess you couln't have offered $1000 for the bag? That gives me such a sad feeling inside, a feeling that makes me want to eat a bad banana with greasy black peel.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have quite a few half dollar boxes coming in on Christmas eve. I'll be putting those under the tree. :D

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was just a painful story. That would have been a nice score though. I bet that teller picked them for themselves right after you left!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank won't even consider anyone looking through the bags. I asked.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same, it is a company wide policy for my dump bank, although some tellers are sneaky and snag a few off the top of the bag (they do not steal but rather replace a silver with a clad, but they don't rummage through the bags).
My bank won't even consider anyone looking through the bags. I asked.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was just a painful story. That would have been a nice score though. I bet that teller picked them for themselves right after you left!

Not unless she/they ripped open the already sealed bag-

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not unless she/they ripped open the already sealed bag-

Nice that it was sealed, prevents those tellers from swapping them out!

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice that it was sealed, prevents those tellers from swapping them out!

Jav the tellers have to seal them once they take them out of the coin machines

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks I dump at with coin machines, a few of the tellers always take the open bag off and go straight in the back without sealing it prior. Def hunting on the job!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
First two stanza's complete:

You’re a mean one… Mr. Skunk
You really cost a meal
You’re as cuddley as a clad, you’re as charming as rusted steal
Mr Skunk….. You’re deserved to be smashed beneath my car’s wheel

You’re a monster
Mr. Skunk
You’re silver content doesn’t even weight a mole
You’re metals full of viruses. You got dirt on the obverse, Mister Skuunk….. I wouldn’t touch you without any gloves!

(incase anyone forgot the original song, just look the grinch song up on youtube and listen to it)

I'll get the rest done before christmas.

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First two stanza's complete:

You’re a mean one… Mr. Skunk
You really cost a meal
You’re as cuddley as a clad, you’re as charming as rusted steal
Mr Skunk….. You’re deserved to be smashed beneath my car’s wheel

You’re a monster
Mr. Skunk
You’re silver content doesn’t even weight a mole
You’re metals full of viruses. You got dirt on the obverse, Mister Skuunk….. I wouldn’t touch you without any gloves!

(incase anyone forgot the original song, just look the grinch song up on youtube and listen to it)

I'll get the rest done before christmas.

Grinch tree up chimney.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread