Any display/storage ideas for halves?

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I've been CRH for a few years and lurking on the forums for a while but this is my first post.

Does anyone have a creative way to store or display your (silver) half dollars? I've been storing them in old jars etc, but I want to display them and enjoy watching them as they increase (hopefully).

The closest thing I've found is this but it's obscenely expensive.

Medium Standing Vertical Coin Bank ? Revol Design

How do you store your halves?

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi everyone! I've been CRH for a few years and lurking on the forums for a while but this is my first post. Does anyone have a creative way to store or display your (silver) half dollars? I've been storing them in old jars etc, but I want to display them and enjoy watching them as they increase (hopefully). The closest thing I've found is this but it's obscenely expensive. Medium Standing Vertical Coin Bank ? Revol Design How do you store your halves?
a cardboard half dolla box with maskin tape. I'm old school homie

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I drop them off at the bank with the teller. She assured me they would be safe. Coincidentally, it is the best honey hole whenever I ask for halves.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I started out putting mine in the free pill bottles from Walgreens, but soon realized they were going to fill up too fast and I'd have a lot, so I started putting them in these glass and plastic instant coffee jars, then in the safe they go, works great for me and doesn't take up a whole lot of space. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6174.JPG
    DSCN6174.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN6319.JPG
    DSCN6319.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN6327.JPG
    DSCN6327.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN6328.JPG
    DSCN6328.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN6322.JPG
    DSCN6322.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 197

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Place em' right next to the shot gun in your safe that is bolted to the floor.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
It only makes sense for you to trust them with me. I will make sure you get some of them back. I will send you my address to get them to me. Thanks, Jim

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It only makes sense for you to trust them with me. I will make sure you get some of them back. I will send you my address to get them to me. Thanks, Jim

Hey Jim, that sounds great! Can I send you mine too:tongue3:? HH, Maverick. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought 100 square coin holder tubes for my halves for around $42 on amazon a while back. I have no idea what I was thinking getting that many...They hold 20 coins each but I have only filled up:

1964s - 2.5 tubes
1965-1969 - 10 tubes
Walkers, Bens, Commemorative Silvers - 3/4 of a tube

lol

Long and short of it....I have about 85 tubes and its going to take me years to get them all filled. They stack nicely in my safe deposit box though :thumbsup:

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I bought 100 square coin holder tubes for my halves

I did the same thing, and once I received them thought "what have I done?", but have managed to fill quite a few of them. They're stacked in the safe and the SDB. I guess I'll use them eventually.

Also got the cent tubes, thinking I'd use them to store wheats. Don't know why..........still haven't used a single one.

Sorry for the hijack.:tongue3:

Edit: apparently can't spell "cent".

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep them safe. Leaving them out would attract too much attention.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same thing, and once I received them thought "what have I done?", but have managed to fill quite a few of them. They're stacked in the safe and the SDB. I guess I'll use them eventually.

Also got the cent tubes, thinking I'd use them to store wheats. Don't know why..........still haven't used a single one.

Sorry for the hijack.:tongue3:

Edit: apparently can't spell "cent".

You can store dimes in the cent tubes. It will store more than 50 though.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I started out putting mine in the free pill bottles from Walgreens, but soon realized they were going to fill up too fast and I'd have a lot, so I started putting them in these glass and plastic instant coffee jars, then in the safe they go, works great for me and doesn't take up a whole lot of space. HH, Maverick.

Nice silver proofs and worn Barber in pic #2! Where'd you get those? :laughing7:

That's pretty cool, I would've never thought of using jars like that.

- DS

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I've been CRH for a few years and lurking on the forums for a while but this is my first post.

Does anyone have a creative way to store or display your (silver) half dollars? I've been storing them in old jars etc, but I want to display them and enjoy watching them as they increase (hopefully).

The closest thing I've found is this but it's obscenely expensive.

Medium Standing Vertical Coin Bank ? Revol Design

How do you store your halves?

Obscenely expensive - obscenely UGLY lol! That thing is a joke, right?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice silver proofs and worn Barber in pic #2! Where'd you get those? :laughing7:

That's pretty cool, I would've never thought of using jars like that.

- DS

Lol, you recognize those huh, yup, still have them, I won't let those go.!
Ya, the jars work really well, for me at least, until I find some better way, but this works good for now. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread