Check out my youtube channel on all my finds from this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not much different posting it on youtube than posting your finds on a public website with more people viewing your thread and seeing what you are finding than getting video views.

You guys are promoting it more than I am, actually. I stumbled upon CladSmoke's CRHing log by simply typing in Coin roll hunting finds and going through a few pages.

Qwik story for you, I was on youtube looking for videos about scrapping metal to make some extra money ( this was a few yrs ago), never heard of CRHing ( I'm 42 by the way) and found a video of a guy pulling Silver Half dollars out of a box he got from the bank, I was fascinated with it, I sat and watched all the videos I could on it that night ( which back then wasn't very many) I went the next day to the my banks and started ordering boxes of halves andrted searching 1000's and 1000's of dollars every week and am still doing it and will continue to do it for as long as I can. Now, never in a million years did my wife or friends think I would get into something like this, and how did it happen, I found a youtube video about it by MISTAKE looking for something else that had nothing to do with CRHing, why, because youtube can take you to something you weren't even looking for just because for some reason. If you allready know about coins or CRHing or Silver, then yes, when you type that into a search engine you will find this site or something related to it, but for me ( and many others) I found it by mistake on you tube, and, there a a million more CRHing vids now on youtube than there was a few yrs ago. just imagine if someone saw your youttube and went to your bank and sarted ordering like mad and dumping like crazy ( as most new to this hooby might) and wrecked your system and got you cut of, why, because they saw your youtube video and decided they wanted some of you have and now niether of you can search anymore, hobby over!

Now, no one has anything against you AT ALL, and we are not ignorant, in fact I'd say it's the opposite as far as CRHing goes, we just feel threatened when people start posting youtube vids for the world to see and worry about the next noob who is going to show up at our bank and destroy things for us and them. Merry Christmas, Maverick.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could like Mavericks post 10 more times.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I could like Mavericks post 10 more times.

I cut it short for the readers but, it is true and that is how I found this hobby, no lie, never would have thought I would be doing this but thanks to Youtube, here I am!

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Being fairly new to this site I can understand your initial take back of the responses you got from starting this thread.... But like everyone says it's just added unwanted people who can potentially get you shut down at your favorite banks. We have trudged through the bad looks, sweet talks, hours/days/and some people years to build relationships with banks to have a potential unknown come in and ruin it doesn't sit lightly with established CRHers.

Happy holidays to everyone on here.

JunkDetector

Aug 12, 2013
Placerville, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This whole keep the hobby quiet thing is way overboard as is attacking a new member to the forum. Why even post on this forum if you care so much about secrecy?

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This whole keep the hobby quiet thing is way overboard as is attacking a new member to the forum. Why even post on this forum if you care so much about secrecy?

If you bothered to read any of the responses......

Funny how its the people that draw the most attention to themselves that can least handle any criticism. With the exception of 50's post - the only attack was the name calling by the OP.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

I post on this forum to share my finds and stories, because I know that for the very most part, we are not really out there for the world to see by mistake, like Youtube. In the first 39 years of my life, and through the whole internet craze, I had never heard of CRHing, or I would have been doing this long long ago, but like I said above, thanks to youtube, here I am, culling your Silver, because of Youtube. We are very small compared to Youtube, yes many people know about this, and we are able to do it for now, but it is only a matter of time, more so now thanks to the internet and sites like youtube, that it will get more and more interest and more difficult, again, if someone watched a youtube vid about this and showed up at your bank to start ordering 10-15 boxes of coin a week and wrecked it for you and him, and you got to ask him, " how did you learn about this?" and he said " Oh, I watched a you tube video ( which really doesn't tell people the dangers of getting cut off, or how much to order, or don't bring them back to the same bank ect.ect. and figured I'd come and order a bunch of boxes, I'm gonna be rich!" You'd be a little scared of people whatching a Youtube vid too. HH, and Merry Christmas, Maverick.

OP
OP
C

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are definitely NOT true collectors, if you are against new collectors coming into the hobby. I am not going to stop making videos; it's what I enjoy doing.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are definitely NOT true collectors, if you are against new collectors coming into the hobby. I am not going to stop making videos; it's what I enjoy doing.

Monumental difference between coin collecting and silver hunting. Make all the videos you want, but 1 day you will regret it I guarantee. You best pickup bank will kick you out cause some noobie who saw one of you videos pisses them off.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a Silver Hoarder who "Collects" Silver. Yes, I guess I am self to an extent, I do not want more people showing up at my bank or entering the hobby through my area. It's free will, everyone can do what they like. HH, Maverick.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Like everyone here, we would like as little competition as possible. I try to tell very very few people of the hobby of hunting coin rolls. Those I tell I know would never have the stamina to do this for any prolong basis. Having anyone post on you-tube is just inviting the folks who have the get rich quick mentality and do not understand the unwritten rules of how to buy/hunt and dump. As others have said many of us have cultivated good working relationships with our buy and dump banks. Having a you-tube new beginner come in and screw up our hard work could make us mad. I understand the original posters excitement of finding something new and maybe profitable for him wanting to let the world know, but as others have tried to explain, some with more tact than others, it was and is not a smart move. Just my opinion.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virtual Paul's YouTube videos are terrible. I hope everyone on YouTube watches them and NO ONE new will want to do this. I'd rather watch Elmo or Barney than his lousy videos.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's literally the equivalent of a 49er in California in the 1880s putting a story in the newspaper about all the gold he's found an telling everyone where it is.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I was collecting silver long before there are was youtube, an internet, and...oh rats I just let my age show, nuggets!! I was collecting silver bars and coins with my dad at local coin shows when I was 14 years old. when silver was an ungodly amount of $6 dollars an ounce. Most of my silver was found that way and via till searches and coinstars. I haven't bought hardly any of my silver. So watching people find silver to me is quite enjoyable. i mean if I can't go out hunting right now and find silver, someone else might as well find it instead of having the goverment get its hands on it, LOL.

sincerely, GarouLady

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said I was done posting here but I had to one more time. Here goes.
What a bunch of self-righteous arrogant entitled posers you are. I get criticized for a post I made and then the accusers do the same. Attacking a new poster at that! I know, you don't see it as an attack but it was. It sure wasn't a welcome!
I'm hearing all this selfishness about not wanting more competition. Well guess what! Most of you are the competition us "oldtimers" didn't want several years ago! How about that! You come on the forum and post your finds, yet for some reason don't think that causes competition. Of course it does!
Earlier this year there was a post where someone questioned my posting and knowledge because I didn't have anything posted in my totals in my signature. How crazy is that. Guess why I don't show my totals anymore. Go look at the annual finds forum in years past and you can see I did well.
Anyway, nobody from the old crowd would have reacted this way to a new member. You've even taken to making fun of him on other topics. That mentality is why I believe alot of you are children posing as adults. Nothing wrong with kids on the forum. That's how new collectors are born. To come here and ask the questions. This is the" coin roll hunting forum ". It's not just about the silver. The forum has become just a bunch of children that are acting just like that, children. No decorum. Just people acting like rappers and trying to convince the new guy the double clipped coin he has isn't real like he is an expert.
Myself and the other oldtimers used to have serious conversation on this forum. They have all left. The decorum has change. I wonder why?
Out!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm 51, not 15. Don't know where you got that idea.

image-3413300798.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread