Anyone ever found a 1982 No P dime, or a 1996 W dime CRHing?

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure there's a few out there, but the sheer numbers of dimes circulating, plus the low number of hunters who bother to face-check dimes, makes it a near impossibility.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the W dime will never be pulled from ciruclation. Never ever never!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the story behind the 1982-P, & 1996-W ??? Somebody clue me in please, are they sleepers or what?

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1982 no-P dime is an error. After 1979 (1980 onward), all clad coinage from the Philadelphia have the mintmark P added. In 1982, there was a die that did not have the P mintmark punched into it and was used to make coins. The result was a rare error that is worth a hefty chunk of change ($150 - $300) in AU to Unc. They are rare and are hardly found in circulation.

The 1996 W dime is the only dime issue that was struck and issued by the West Point Mint with a specific designation. They are much rarer than the Denver and Philadelphia counterparts (with a mintage of 1,457,000) and were issued exclusively in mint sets. Thus the chance of finding one is very close to impossible.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't get what your post means. Wow cool what? To what typecoin said? Then you leave your name, like you just said, wow cool, alex. As though your own post was cool but you didn't make a post. I'm sorry, I'm just confused.

I think it's fairly clear what he means...

(In response to previous post about a a dime worth $300)...

Wow! Cool.
-Alex

I guess correct punctuation & spacing helps.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I searched all the dimes I've had by now one-by-one looking for the mint mark, I'd either be blind or have myopia. If you really want one good luck, dawg.

My thoughts exactly- those who date search dimes are a special breed (not meant to be as a dis)
patience and eyes are not in my favor

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My thoughts exactly- those who date search dimes are a special breed (not meant to be as a dis)
patience and eyes are not in my favor

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

I date check ALL my dimes, have not found neither. But there's always tomorrow!!!!!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I always wondered which is harder to find in the wild, the '76-s 40% quarter or the 1996-W dime. Anyone ever seen the 40% quarter found in the wild?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread