CRH or MD ???? Whats better

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always been intrigued with metal detecting, I'd invest in a starter metal detector and see how you do from there!
I look at it like this. Since i'm new to the whole thing. I can either spend like $100+ dollars on a MD... Or i can EXCHANGE $100 dollars to CRH. I Am only 23 years old so i don't have a lot of expendable cash. Plus i live in an Idaho, i wouldn't even know where to start with MD. Although i do want to try it this upcoming summer when there isn't snow all over everything and the ground isn't frozen lol

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
during the summer in the morning I MD then pick up a couple of boxes coins and go through those just about everyday with my daughter. CRH I find a lot more silver however it is nice pulling a large cent out of the ground once and awhile plus the places I go to MD are always fun to see and think about the history . Right now with it being winter all I do is CRH waiting impatiently for the spring

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
The good Dr. Caulfield is not the only MDer on here homie. I only CRH during the deep freeze up here and enjoy digging up the past during the more favorable months. The outdoors and the thrill of the hunt is what does it for myself eh. besides, we don't have any US Half Dollars up here to search. :headbang:

I mean, he is the only one with a M.D. Medicinae Doctor

Doctor of Medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but dawg, nice to know that you're an M.D. to, there ain't too many now-a-days.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prmarly MD and do CRH at nights or raining/hot days....I can tell you thou..I totally prefer MD, because the coolest part about finding a 100+ year old coin is knowing it has been sitting where I found it that whole time..Im a History buff So MD is my thing

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of those who both CRH & metal detect (MD), what do you find more rewarding, either in quantity, silver, ages of coin, etc. It would be interesting to hear your side of the story. Please comment in honest opinion.

:coffee2: I do both & both have their pluses (+) & minuses (-). I find both to be equal in enjoyment & rewarding. MD plus is being outside in the fresh air, getting exercise & chance of finding other items besides silver. Minus is finding a lot of junk along with any good items & you can't do it in bad weather or winter when the ground is frozen. I live in a area with ocean beaches & they normally don't freeze in the winter time so I can MD them all year round unless it is raining or snowing. CRH plus is finding silver coins & you can do it all year round. Minus is having to dump the clad coins.

HH
Gary

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2: MD plus is being outside in the fresh air, getting exercise & chance of finding other items besides silver. Minus is finding a lot of junk along with any good items & you can't do it in bad weather or winter when the ground is frozen.

HH
Gary
Come on over to Michigan! We don't let the bad weather stop us, and we usually get out every month during the winter, frozen ground or not...nothing like chipping a 150 y.o. large cent outa the frozen turf surrounding an old cellar hole, in the dead of February...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread