Found this yesterday....

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all - It's been a LONG time since I've posted on TNet, but I've been lurking around to see how everyone is doing. Good to see some familiar names still around since I joined about 2 years ago.

I've been consistently hunting, doing about as well as everyone else. Lots of skunks but a few good finds here and there.

Recent good finds were 3 solid rolls of silver dimes (CWR of course), 29 mercs in the bunch, the rest Roosies.

I also picked up some CWR cents a few weeks back, all were labeled with the year - 1 roll was labeled "lead". So that was a nice solid roll of steel cents.

Half boxes have been ok the last month or so - usually producing 2 or 3 silver. A nice change from the skunks that haunted August - November.

Below is what I came across in last nights box of halves...in the same roll. (Not sure why it's coming up upside down) I'm sure you didn't leave that behind Buffalo Boy. The box had that Franklin, a '64 and '67.

Hope everyone keeps up with some good finds and has a Happy New Year!

HH
bblair

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    860.4 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey bblair, nice to see you! Love Buffs coin, are you going to slab it:laughing7:? Ha Ha, Happy New year to you too! HH, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bblair, thanks for the little picture! I have not marked any of my coins in red for a few months (I think August was the last time I marked my coins in red) so I am sure my coin has seen a few crh'ers before it got to ya, Congratulations on finding the silver and the steady pickins, the solid silver dime rolls and steelies. It's nice to see the older members posting.
Happy holidays,
Buff

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny. I also had a roll that had a buff coin and a franklin in it. Mine was a while ago. I need to buy the bags from where he dumps

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so do I!! :P
I dumped some halves today and heard the familiar clink of silver. I looked inside the bag and it was only a british large penny from 1936. Junk IMO.
The teller was interested in it, i offered to buy it for him but I told him it wasn't silver and that I didn't want it, so he tossed it back in the bag.
You don't know how many times i've dumped on a bag of silver halves, one time there were like 10 franklins sitting on top, another time about $30 FV in what appeared to be 40%ers. Bank policy is not to touch anything in the coin machine.

That's funny. I also had a roll that had a buff coin and a franklin in it. Mine was a while ago. I need to buy the bags from where he dumps

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
so do I!! :P
I dumped some halves today and heard the familiar clink of silver. I looked inside the bag and it was only a british large penny from 1936. Junk IMO.
The teller was interested in it, i offered to buy it for him but I told him it wasn't silver and that I didn't want it, so he tossed it back in the bag.
You don't know how many times i've dumped on a bag of silver halves, one time there were like 10 franklins sitting on top, another time about $30 FV in what appeared to be 40%ers. Bank policy is not to touch anything in the coin machine.

BuffBoy- how do you dump ON an existing bag? Can you physically see the bags in front of you, or are the bags enclosed in a locked door system at your feet? At the bank that I buy my Dime Bags from, I keep asking how much closer to FILLED is the half bag??? Still a long way to go before $1000 max. I'll wait til about $30 to go, then dump on it, and buy it back. It should be interesting, since only few halfs per week hit the bag.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the bag fills at a set amount, ex: $1,000. When I bring in my dumps, I usually fill the bag and beneath my dumps in the bag is sometimes silver.
BuffBoy- how do you dump ON an existing bag? Can you physically see the bags in front of you, or are the bags enclosed in a locked door system at your feet? At the bank that I buy my Dime Bags from, I keep asking how much closer to FILLED is the half bag??? Still a long way to go before $1000 max. I'll wait til about $30 to go, then dump on it, and buy it back. It should be interesting, since only few halfs per week hit the bag.

OP
OP
bblair

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav - Thanks, yeah...slab the buff coin...lol.

Buff - Thanks, I found another one in my next box that had "Buffalo Boy" in red on the front and 9-12 in blue on the back. I'm sure it's passed through a few hands since it reached me. I know it says Miss on your profile, but I thought I remember you being in TimZim territory?

bblair

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread