Will I, can I, or did I.... meet my year end goal? Look and see.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, it's basically the end of the year, it has been a long year of hunting with many things changing through out ( volume increase, volume decrease, new order banks and dump banks ect..) So my goal was to find 1500 40's and 500 90's this year, well, I made it on the 40's:hello2: and am really falling short on the 90's:BangHead: as you can see.

This is how I keep track of my finds, I am old school as you can see, no fancy spread sheets or such, just my good ole reliable Composition Book, it works, it's simple, and it's easy to maintain. So this is the last 2 pages of my year, you can see exactly what I searched and found. I don't write a bunch of extra things down in it like how many Walkers, Bens, or Hair cuts I have recieved ( though I do keep all of those in a separate jar, an more than a quarter of my 90's are those), it just keeps it simpler for me. The little number by the bags are how many were in the bags I found, you can also see my ratio of skunks to producing boxes. In the rows the smaller number to the left of the bigger numbers are what was found and added to the bigger numbers.

Ok, hope you all enjoy seeing my year, I know it is not over yet, but, it will be tomorrow. I do still have 2 boxes and 1 bag coming tomorrow, so there IS a chance of a MIRACLE happening and getting a killer box or 2 or my dream bag showing up ( ha ha, ya right) so I'll tally in my results from tomorrow and show you my final #'s. Good luck everyone on meeting your goal ( if you had one) and lets all finish the year strong! HH, Maverick.:coffee2::wav:

Attachments

• DSCN1198.JPG
    DSCN1198.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN1199.JPG
    DSCN1199.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man cant complain about those numbers im my view- 1500 40% and 300+ 90% at fv is awesome
Congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on hitting one of your goals! We can still do it!
And dang Mav. 11 out of 27 weeks with 40+ keepers. That is killer! Your volume isn't even huge either.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on hitting one of your goals! We can still do it!
And dang Mav. 11 out of 27 weeks with 40+ keepers. That is killer! Your volume isn't even huge either.

Ya, it kills me to think of what I'm missing out on because I can't increase my volume yet ( yet that is), I am hoping in a few months to get my self organized a little better and keep a steady stream of 40 boxes a week going ( more if I can) and really push this next year to hit 2000 40's and 750 90's, will be a tough goal to reach, but I'm going to try as hard as I can! HH, Maverick.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice #s, Mav! That's a lot of silver. Do you still have it all or did you sell some of it? I wish I could do as much volume as you. Congrats!

Your log looks like my poker tourney log. I do my poker old school but use a spreadsheet for CRHing.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice #s, Mav! That's a lot of silver. Do you still have it all or did you sell some of it? I wish I could do as much volume as you. Congrats!

Your log looks like my poker tourney log. I do my poker old school but use a spreadsheet for CRHing.

Hey BB, I still have all if it from the start of this hobby yrs ago, these numbers are just from this year, I have never sold any of it, I have thought about selling some of it at times, but haven't sold any. I have traded some with some members on here to help fill some dates they need and to get some coins that I wanted too, but thats about it. HH, Maverick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck buddy!

Hoping you get some loaded boxes tomorrow!

- DS

Hey, my fingers are crossed! And my toes too:tongue3:, I have hope, we'll see tomorrow. I haven't added up my total boxes searched yet, I guess you guys would probably like to know that too ( I'm curious myself:laughing7:), I'll try and sit down tomorrow and add them all up, after I pick up my last order for the year! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
And I know some like to keep their numbers secret, but, I am a member of this forum to share this hobby with others who also enjoy sharing, so I figured I'd show you what my year was like, I mean, I post all my cool finds and you follow me through out the year anyway, so I'm sure you'd like to know how I did. I also consider some of you friends so, isn't this what friends do, we share, so for those who always look, like and comment on my posts and finds I THANK YOU VERY MUCH and I appreciate those of you who take the time to post your pics and finds for me to see too! I really enjoy being a member of this forum and it is because of you that I enjoy it. Everyone have a safe New Year tomorrow! HH, Maverick.

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great. See those numbers are pretty big to me and I have no idea how people are doing 40 boxes a week. How do you physically move that much and dump that much? I guess I don't live in a big enough city cause they sh*t themselves when I dump $1000 at a time. There is only 3 banks that have machines that can take it. The others are small and their machine jam up or they can only hold 100 halves at a time. respect to all them big volume movers but awesome on Your numbers.

I'm going to up my numbers soon as income tax season rolls around. Lol

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Smokes buddy, those are some awesome numbers! I didn't even come close to that this year. I'll be passing through your neck of the woods next week, maybe I'll have some of your luck rub off on me!
HH!
BRChiver

Also It's good to see some people use the trusty pen and paper still.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a really great year! :thumbsup: That's a lot of silver @ face. :coins:

Hope your good hunting continues in 2014. :treasurechest:

H$H!

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Very impressive maverick. I am excited to start on my first full year of CRH. With all the tips and testing the waters for last 4 months I can't wait to see what 2014 brings for us all.

Congrats again to you and all the others that finished another year of CRH. Cheers

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great. See those numbers are pretty big to me and I have no idea how people are doing 40 boxes a week. How do you physically move that much and dump that much? I guess I don't live in a big enough city cause they sh*t themselves when I dump $1000 at a time. There is only 3 banks that have machines that can take it. The others are small and their machine jam up or they can only hold 100 halves at a time. respect to all them big volume movers but awesome on Your numbers.

I'm going to up my numbers soon as income tax season rolls around. Lol

It definetly takes some time to get a system in place ( at least for me), I started out just doing 1 box a week, did that a few weeks then asked if it would be ok if I ordered 2 boxes a week, then went to another branch and did the same thing, well, after about a year I was using about 15 dif branches to dump ( mind you I use 2 dif banks too, not the same bank and dif branches, thats a no no in my book) and have about 15-18 branches of my order bank to use, that includes 1 trip a week that is about 100 miles round trip to pick up and dump and a total of anywhere between 300 and 350 miles a week if I remember correctly, along with picking up and dumping 5 and 6 days a week, you have to travel alot the way I do it ( more so when I was doing more boxes, like 25-30 week), I was only ordering 4 boxes from any givin branch, but I did have a branch that got me 6 a week, it does suck, but, I am addicted to this, so nothing is too crazy I guess lol. Now that I slowed back down to 6 boxes and 1 bag a week I don't travel every week as far, but I still do visit my other branches that are far away once a month just to keep in touch for when I decide to start ordering a lot again. To do a higher volume is honestly a job, way more so than a hobby, I did let it get out of control there for a bit, coming home with 5,6 and sometimes 7000 dollars worth of halves that I had to search that night, roll them all back up and dump them the next day for cash so I could pick up 8 more boxes that day can kinda wears thin on your family life, and at that time I had to reroll everything, for those of you giving me the evil eye for rerolling, I had to so I could get my cash back the next day to buy more, it was like a drug addiction. Anyway, that is how I do it, it is work, a hobby would be uuhh, I don't know, 4 boxes a week, once you hit in the teens I think it's a job, but that's just me. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy Smokes buddy, those are some awesome numbers! I didn't even come close to that this year. I'll be passing through your neck of the woods next week, maybe I'll have some of your luck rub off on me!
HH!
BRChiver

Also It's good to see some people use the trusty pen and paper still.

Well, don't steal all my Silver while you're here ha ha:laughing7:, hope you do score while you're here, would be cool to see some pics if you do:icon_thumleft:.

Ya, I am just an school guy when it comes to keeping records, or just an old guy:tongue3: I guess, like I said, it's easy and it works for me so thats how I keep track of my stuff. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a really great year! :thumbsup: That's a lot of silver @ face. :coins:

Hope your good hunting continues in 2014. :treasurechest:

H$H!

Hey SF, thanks, and I hope 2014 is great year for you too! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very impressive maverick. I am excited to start on my first full year of CRH. With all the tips and testing the waters for last 4 months I can't wait to see what 2014 brings for us all.

Congrats again to you and all the others that finished another year of CRH. Cheers

Thanks Rusty, I am looking forward to seeing some of your future scores, you can PM me any time, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I might be of some help, if ya ever need it. Good luck in 2014! HH, Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick, please check the corrected version of your ledger. You have met your goals according to this one. The box on the 30th was amazing. I can't wait to see tomorrow's entry.

Win.png

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goals met or not, thats a very good year Mav. Nearly 2000 silver halves is nothing to sneeze at.

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome numbers there, Mav! A good ratio of 90s to 40s. I hope 2014 is another good year for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread