Bag buying question - fee?

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I found a bank recently that has a coin counter in the lobby. I asked if I could buy the bag and she said sure, when it's full. There's currently $600 in the bag. They charge a fee to use the machine. I don't believe there is any dumping going on because she said they 'never' change the halves bag. Obviously I can pump $400 into the machine and pay the % fee or I can hold tight and wait for the bag to fill up. My question is this, how much fee would you be willing to eat to get the $600 in the bag, sight unseen?

Upvote 0

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Loaded? Guaranteed? Lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Of course its guaranteed. A 2012 study proved that we are the only people who know about silver. Other people who already have it dont know how to tell what it is or what to do with it. So the only thing they can do to it is take it to a bank and exchange it for real money. And then we get their coins! Win-win-win

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking from experience - one of my best score's ever was from a scenario just like this. I lied (on TN) and said I found in CWR's but it was right off a machine. That branch now no longer will sell bags so I have nothing to lose anymore.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...95-just-picked-up-dump-proof-silver-dump.html

I would pay the $40 in a heartbeat.

Go fill that sucker up before someone beats you to it or they change their mind.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's $600 in the bag and it would cost me $32 to fill it up. It's clearly not a CRH dumping grounds so it's likely wives and children as Uncle Ben states. I did give her my number and she agreed to call me when it's full. I plan on checking in regularly. For $32 I need to find basically 10 40%ers in $600 to break even. I'm going to try and wait it out. Once it get to ~$10 fee I'll probably scoop it up. Thanks for the feedback. I optimistically hope that it's loaded which makes me irresponsible for waiting. But I'm a realist and would ever pay $30 for a box so I'm trying to be smart as well.

Keep an eye on it. I have left my name and number at more banks than I can count over the years that I have been doing this. Only 1 bank has called...ever.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind that lots of tellers go through the bags. In certain circumstances, I buy coins from tellers. Based on my conversations, I can tell you a lot of them search the half dollar bags. After developing a rapport with a teller at one of my dump banks, he told me they decided to split the AG equally between interested staff to avoid arguments. This included the teller manager.

I wouldn't wait till its filled by someone else if you have another option. Make sure you go in when the same staff is working if you plan to fill the bag. You may find that a different manager "can't sell bags off the machine". Conversely, you may find that a different manager will be willing to sell a partial bag.

OO

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind that lots of tellers go through the bags...

OO

This is a very big risk. There was a hunter who reported that his first bag that he was promised had over $50 in cash in it when he got it. The teller said that they counted it and needed to add cash to it to balance it. We all know that the tellers picked 100+ keepers from it and put the FRNs in their place.

Be there when the bag gets pulled from the machine or else the opportunity is there for the cherry pickers to poach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread