Ah cr*p, got the old F bomb...

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Yup - after getting boxes from one of my better regular source banks for like five years I got the old "F- Bomb" today. I was walking out and the business account manager approached me and inquired about what I was doing with all the coins. He then said that since I didn't have a personnel account there there was no reason why I should be getting them and that there was a cost associated with those rolls of coins. He said they charge all businesses $0.15 a roll.

I told him that yes that is true about the personnel account but I was responsible for a business account in the bank with over $200,000 in it at all times. I gave him my card and said look it up. He said he would and give me a call later in the afternoon. So he calls and says sorry since it was a business and not my personnel account it wouldn't relieve me of having to pay. He then says I would have to pay no matter what.

Shall I be vindictive and pull the $200,000 out of the bank where I have kept it for ten years and let them know that this bank manager was the reason? What says the CRH crowd? The money is only earning about 1% so there isn't a financial reason to leave it there and the guy was a bit of a d*ck about it. I could actually have quite a bit of fun with this and probably get the guy canned. Considering how much money they have made off this money in the past decade I did expect some consideration but this guy didn't care.

It was only four boxes a week but lately the finds wouldn't even cover the fees. Not the first time I've gotten the F-bomb but how much do you think they were making on that $200,000 a year I've left there? Well should it stay or should it go :skullflag::headbang:?

Maine_Jim

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think the bank would much rather cater to customers with substantial business accounts like yours then customers with small personal accounts. Seems like very strange rules and policies. :icon_scratch:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id Definitely threaten to take your biz else where- see if he flinches- if he insists then yep close the account and take your cashola and crhing somewhere they will appreciate ya

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go in, ask for him personally to close the account and before that process starts ask who you could contact in regards to leaving feedback...you know the story from there and hopefully they value you enough to keep such a minuscule order continuing.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mmm, that does suck. I guess of they aren't going to do anything for you then pull it, go find another bank that will cater to your hobby. Is this the only branch that is doing this to you? Can you just drive a little further to another branch that will order with no fees? Maybe turn them into a dump bank? Maverick.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I figure I'm one of the least confrontational CRHers in existence, and I'd absolutely pull the money.

You'd think he'd order a few boxes to keep a $200,000 account, but apparently not. I bet there is a bank in your area that will.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Jim,

I vote pull the money. This guy isn't treating you like a valued customer. I get less grief from a bank I keep a few hundred bucks in, and they order whatever I want.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Jim, had to say it, honestly good luck with what ever you decide. HH, Maverick.

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200,000 is a nice lump sum of money. I am surprised the bank manager even started in with you having such a nice account like that. That is a ton of car loans for sure. That bank is making a mint off your money. The least they could do is support your hobby. I would def threaten to pull the money and go elsewhere or ask to speak to this managers supervision.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another vote to move the funds. Ask for him personally and let him know you will be closing the account and cash will be a requirement. Pretty simple to me. It has been fun, and now with the f bomb, move the money.

Good luck!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sit down with him, give him 1 more opportunity. SPELL IT OUT FOR HIM, If they wont let you order the halves it will result in the closure of your account. Be ready to close it on the spot, ask for cash to rub salt in the wound so that the whole bank knows what he did. Cash will really draw attention.

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another vote to move the funds. Ask for him personally and let him know you will be closing the account and cash will be a requirement. Pretty simple to me. It has been fun, and now with the f bomb, move the money.

Good luck!

RJGMC

HI BOB!

I do like this idea as well. Def keep us posted to your final decision!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd close it. Go to him to do it too. He sounds like a dumb manager to mess with a guy who consistently has 200K in his account.

BertC

Dec 25, 2013
Take it to a credit union. They'll be all "open arms" and you'll even get some kick back unlike other banks....

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, close the account. I personally would NOT try to get it in cash though. I worry enough about carrying my CRH bankroll around and it is a mere fraction of $200k.

KevinBoise

Dec 18, 2013
Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what type of business do you have? if you don't mind me asking... And i'd take it to another bank if i were you, but if i had that lump of change sitting around i wouldn't be keeping it in a bank for to long... I'd make that money make me more money. or lease a gold claim hahaha

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it to a credit union. They'll be all "open arms" and you'll even get some kick back unlike other banks....

I was going to say the same thing. After 2008, I will never give any significant amount of money to a major bank. Credit Union or small local bank is best.

Major banks, it's best to keep balance just large enough to let you do bag drops. :) Being nice to bank employees is often worth more than what you have in account.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread