jackpot!!!

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
Well I hit a bank that never produces...this time was a charm. Out of $50.00 in halves here's my take ...
17-1964
4-1966
8-1967
6-1968
1-1969
Also I went to my dump bank. A teller that is a coin collector said a man came in with a 5 gallon bucket full of assorted silver halves, quarters, and big dollars. She told the man that she would cash them in for him but out of good conscious she sent him to a coin collector that would pay him what they were worth. I wanted to throw up. By the way she learned about silver by a dumper that tipped her off. I was dumping one day and a guy had some silver on her counter showing her how to spot the silver. On his way out I told him "thanks" for adding someone else to our competition. He said a few choice words. I ignored the stupidity and got in my truck and left. Anyway a good day!!!

View attachment 934497

ForumRunner_20140122_125644.png

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the BS, great score though! They are definitely few and far between. Plus you never got anything from this bank before, so chances are at least one teller already knows about silver. (some tellers will buy <silver> from other tellers).

Smooth Blend

Nov 30, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari w/ 11"DD coil, 10"x12"SEF, 15"WOT coil, Garrett Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to throw up just reading your post. haha. It is what it is though.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score, and sounds like you might have a tall tale teller on your hands- a 5 gallon bucket of silver halves, quarters and big dollars? And she didnt sweep them up? Lol
Sorry I dont trust anything the majority of tellers say

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great score...esp from just $50! And nearly half of the keepers were 90% too which makes it even better! :thumbsup:

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have traded in money of my own for the silver coins and then sold them to a collector. Who knows, I might have been able to retire early...

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible score from 5 rolls of halves!

I also have my doubts about someone bringing in a big bucket of silver, but if it's true I don't fault the teller for directing the customer to a coin dealer. In the teller's position I may have done the same thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread