This first time newbie got lucky

Mike RB.

May 27, 2013
Dodge City, Ks
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is my first experience at coin roll hunting...always thought it would be fun...but it isn't...it's a blast!!!

So here I was standing in line at the convenience store. The lady right in front of me was getting her change and I notice she was given two pennies. Not just ordinary pennies, but Wheaties. I step up to the counter and paid for my Pepsi and I also got a wheatie in my change. Since the place wasn't busy, I asked the lady behind the counter if I could buy the rest of her pennies in her penny drawer. She kinda look at me oddly but said sure. So I bought 45 pennies from her...35 of them being Wheaties. I looked at her with greedy green eyes and asked, "where did you get these pennies?" She looked over her shoulder and said right there pointing at 4 rolls of customer wrapped pennies. I asked her if I could buy them, she said yep. So here's what I got: 2 rolls of Wheaties (you can see the dates written on the paper) and two of other ordinary rolls with a about 25 pre-1981 pennies.

Needless to say, I keep an eye out for hand rolled rolls of anything. Never can tell.

CIMG2829.JPG

Upvote 0

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Rolls of dimes or quarters? Maybe some silver in there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread