Scored a 1970-D Today

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little dude in a box today. It's my 3rd '70d. Always fun to find and always a little confusing at first. Every time I've found one, I see the silver edge and know its silver, but don't expect to see a date in the '70s.

HH everyone.

Attachments

• image-490131824.jpg
    image-490131824.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! When I found mine, it threw me off to hear the sound of AG and glance and see 70.
HH!
BRChiver

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool find indeed, I remember my first one, it had a blazing white edge. I had to take a double-take also.
Go get some more my friend,
HH
BB

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that too, since they're always in such good shape I figure it's an uncirculated or proof 65-69 everytime and then see the 70 and am surprised. I'm on my 3rd as well, got one 6 months into the hobby and then not another one for a year and a half. then pulled two out of one box!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little dude in a box today. It's my 3rd '70d. Always fun to find and always a little confusing at first. Every time I've found one, I see the silver edge and know its silver, but don't expect to see a date in the '70s.

HH everyone.

:hello: Congrats on the find. I found my 1st one in a box last week. There seems to be a bunch of them being found since the beginning of the year. I know what you mean about getting a little confused when you see that date. Since so few were minted you don't expect to find one (even thought you are always looking) than bam you finally get one.

HH
Gary

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was lucky enough to have found 12. Yes, always a little happily confused!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread