New personal best box

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been posting in a while. Last week I got for boxes of halves in my home town while I was visiting my parents. Every now and then when I'm home I like to go through a box with my dad. After opening all four boxes and finding two Enders in one box, I figured I'd save that box for my dad and I. That way he can open tools with silver. I went through the other three boxes only to find 3 40%ers and 3 BuffaloBoy coins, shout out to BuffaloBoy, it was awesome to see someone's coin marking that I actually "know" from the forum. I'll mark them with a "VW" and send them back in the wild when I get a chance.

So now to the ender box. My dad got home from work and we got to it, I showed him the Enders and said we will save these for last. My third roll in, I got 4 40's in one roll. Then a few rolls later my dad gets the same thing. So a box with two Enders ended up producing 29 40's. My Best single box ever.

Just picked up a partial box today in Philly and got 1 90 and 6 40s and one 1913 English one penny. (a first for me).

Hope everyone's finds are doing well!

HH

Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
That sure put a big smile on your faces I bet! Good job, hope this is just one of many GREAT boxes.

StevePa

Sep 6, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Still hoping for a box like that.

Hope you find another soon.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome batch! it seems like my marked coins are bringing luck to folks around here. I must be dumping on a silver mine or something. :dontknow: :P

thanks for sharing, can you recall the numbers written on the reverse of my coins?

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Nice box indeed!

I was a little curious about your tools comment...

After opening all four boxes and finding two Enders in one box, I figured I'd save that box for my dad and I. That way he can open tools with silver.

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You beat my best box by 1 40%er! aha nice!

My best box was back in march of last year... still waiting on even a half dream box!!! ughh

What code was stamped on that box by chance?

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You beat my best box by 1 40%er! aha nice! My best box was back in march of last year... still waiting on even a half dream box!!! ughh What code was stamped on that box by chance?

Ah man, I forgot to even look at the code on the boxes closely. I do remember the four boxes were the same number though. They were the flat yellow boxes, I know that doesn't answer your question, haha. The boxes may still be in the recycling bin. I'll make a call tomorrow and see if I can get it for ya.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The code on the boxes is the employee # who packaged the box and nothing else.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! My finds have fallen to slim and none lately. Good to see someone post awesome box.
HH!
BRChiver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread