A box of 2006D Pennies

scottlindberg

Greenie
Feb 2, 2007
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I just went to the bank to pick up a box of pennies and nickels to keep me occupied this weekend (my finacee is sick, which means I'll likely have a lot of time on my hands). When I got home and opened the penny box, they're all rolls of 2006D. Are they even worth looking through for errors, or should I not waste my time?

Big bummer!

Upvote 0

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Try looking up the date at coppercoins.com. They have a very good list of varieties with images. Are they in plastic or paper wrappers?

If they are in paper I'd set aside a few rolls.

65GT350

OP
OP
scottlindberg

scottlindberg

Greenie
Feb 2, 2007
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Unfortunately they're in plastic rolls. I'll take a look at coppercoins.com and see what they have to say. Thanks!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D'oh! That happened to me so often that I now ask the girls at B of A to peek in the holes and make sure they're not all new.

Check the end coins for any die cracks or breaks. If you find any, you'll likely have a whole roll of sellable errors.

OP
OP
scottlindberg

scottlindberg

Greenie
Feb 2, 2007
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I think that's what I'll do, Immy. Thanks for the suggestion. I'd hate to think I missed something if I decided to just return the rolls without looking.

I looked on the coppercoins.com site, and it seems that they haven't listed any die varieties later than 2002.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread