Cost factor?

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering how my fellow CRH'ers figure mileage and gas expense into their pickup schedules. Myself, i only pick up and dump at banks within a few miles of my home. My jeep only gets 15 mpg, so at $3.60 a gallon, driving 15 miles for 2 silver dimes ( i average 1 per box) is a financial wash. I read about guys driving 40 miles or more..... Can get costly.

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I very rarely go out of my way to get coins, and if I do, I only burn about 10-15 miles round trip on it.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
We gotta do what we gotta do. Everyone has their own set up and routine.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
As a hobby, my dime finds prob cost me 3 bucks a piece. As a hobby, it doesn't bother me. I considered fur trapping, but the tellers are too squeamish.

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
No, Im in North Texas...I was just assuming there were alot in a big city like that...of course you know how far "Assuming" goes..lol

Yeah you said Metroplex so I assumed DFW area. Then you said dumping by the bag so it makes me wonder if I'm picking up your dumps and do you ever mark any of your coins. I also, as of now, live in North Texas but North like along the Red River.

God bless the good people of Texas and the defenders of the Alamo!

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive a jeep to but I like driving and can care less about wasted gas lol. And banks are only a mile or two away from me and they are very close to each other .

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering how my fellow CRH'ers figure mileage and gas expense into their pickup schedules. Myself, i only pick up and dump at banks within a few miles of my home. My jeep only gets 15 mpg, so at $3.60 a gallon, driving 15 miles for 2 silver dimes ( i average 1 per box) is a financial wash. I read about guys driving 40 miles or more..... Can get costly.

:coffee2: I would say I average $40 weekly in gas. It's worth it to me because I'm retired & this hobby along with md is what gets me out of the house & meeting people. I only do 4 boxes of halfs a week & most of the gas usage is in dumping. I also enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

HH
Gary

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you said Metroplex so I assumed DFW area. Then you said dumping by the bag so it makes me wonder if I'm picking up your dumps and do you ever mark any of your coins. I also, as of now, live in North Texas but North like along the Red River.

God bless the good people of Texas and the defenders of the Alamo!

You have nothing to worry about from me..Im so small scale on CRH...I pick up a few boxes a week of various coins. And i usally dont drop back off at the bank until i built up Clad from Dectecting to mix in with the cleaner coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread